Vice President, Finance
Matrix Executive Search, LLC Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A long term established real estate/housing development organization is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance. The position reports directly to the President & CEO of the organization. This position will oversee/supervise the Finance Department and staff. The VP of Finance works collaboratively across the organization and with key stakeholders (i.e. funders, regulatory business partners, board members and vendors) and internal staff members on financial protocols and procedures. The VP of Finance must have substantial knowledge of finance, accounting budgeting and cost principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB). An understanding of subsidy and tax credit federal programs, low income housing tax credits (LIHTC), municipal bonds, and the related audit, compliance and reporting requirements is desired.
- Developing investment and cash management policies, implementing those policies to maximize earnings
- Developing finance organizational strategies that can support and/or drive critical business decisions and effective engagement with senior leadership
- Preparing all financial reports, statements, and projections. Including income statements and balance sheets that conform to appropriate financial standards
- Maintaining effective internal control procedures for accurate recording of financials and account balances
- Managing financial reporting for grants received from the local, state and federal governments as well as private entities
- Accomplishing finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s Degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a senior finance position, preferably in a government agency or large non-profit housing development/real estate industry.
- Proficient with accounting reporting systems, specifically Microsoft Dynamic SL and/or D365
- Expert Excel skills, including pivot tables. Knowledge of macros is helpful, but not required
- Experience with ERP system implementation
- Knowledge of how relational databases work in conjunction with an ERP system
- Experience with QuickBase
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Matrix Executive Search, LLCWhy Work Here?
This firm is a long-term established, large non-profit organization offering career growth opportunities.
This firm is a very stable, long-term established and well regarded non-profit organization with a large operating budget. Located in New York and serving the NY Metropolitan area as part of a larger national organization.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Matrix Executive Search, LLC