Senior Remediation Engineer / Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering, and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Remediation Engineer/Project Manager in our Denver, CO and Phoenix, AZ offices. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, respect, and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; holiday, vacation, and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees, and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied critical thinking skills who desire to advance their talents and skills. We are passionate about enhancing the community in which we live, work, and play, and are committed to excellence in all that we do. Come grow your career here with us at a firm ranked as a Top Place to Work by the Denver Post and the Colorado Springs Gazette.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $130,000.00 Annually. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Summary:Matrix is seeking highly talented individuals to manage and technically deliver environmental assessment and remediation projects and mentor junior staff. In this this role you will be involved with remediation design and implementation, planning environmental assessments and due diligence, and other environmental work for government and private clients. This position also supports business development, marketing, and proposals.
- Conduct and manage environmental remediation projects
- Assess, plan, and implement environmental remediation solutions
- Technical report writing, manage scope, schedule, budget, and subcontractors
- Assist with and establish client relationships to foster client retention and growth, and prepare proposals
- Supervise, manage, direct, and provide oversight of tasks and responsibilities for project staff and/or other technical support. Serve as a mentor to staff.
- Direct field staff and subcontractors and conduct field work as necessary
- Adhere to safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work. Foster a strong safety culture.
- Work ethically, and ensure quality and client satisfaction
- Lead and support the implementation of project safety and quality plans
- Assist with Environmental Services strategic planning and execution
- Obtain new environmental business opportunities and grow client base
- Participate in professional associations and organizations to promote Matrix in the industry and community
- Experience in environmental assessment, planning, remediation, permitting, and compliance
- Engineering analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to be persuasive
- Strong team building, organizational and planning skills
- Positive, collaborative team player
- Successfully negotiate with regulators and other stakeholders
- Ability to scale authorized work to complete on-schedule and on-budget
- Oversee drillers’ drilling to sample to identify contamination and delineate its location in soil or groundwater
- 10-25 years of relevant progressive environmental consulting experience
- Professional Engineer licensure in Colorado or Arizona, or the ability for reciprocity within 6 months.
- 10 or more years of experience in environmental, geotechnical, civil, chemical, or mechanical engineering
- At least 5 years of experience serving as lead engineer or designer of environmental remediation and/or solid or hazardous waste solutions.
- Undergraduate and (preferred) graduate degree from an ABET accredited engineering program in engineering
- State-listed “Recognized Environmental Professional” or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 3+ years of experience managing projects as a Project Manager or Deputy PM and can manage scope, schedule, & budget. Demonstrated success with project and program management
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification,
- Experience in:
- Assessment, planning, cost estimating, design, permitting, regulatory compliance, and overseeing the construction, installation, startup, and commissioning of remediation solutions.
- Due Diligence and Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) Phase I and Phase II, site characterization, remedial investigations (RI), feasibility studies (FS), corrective action plans, remediation planning and design, voluntary cleanup programs (VCUP), Material Management Plans (MMP), Sampling and Analysis Plans (SAPs), Quality Assurance Procedure Plans (QAPPs), Applicable or Relevant and Appropriate Requirements (ARARs), Record of Decision (ROD), solid and hazardous waste design, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Superfund National Priority List (NPL) of sites
- Soil, groundwater, surface water, and vapor intrusion sampling methods
- Determining, overseeing, and directing drilling and other remediation subcontractors in the field
- Valid driver's license, and successfully pass the Matrix’s Motor Vehicle Record check
- Experience working with established local network of environmental clients, regulators, vendors, and suppliers8-hour HAZWOPER supervisory completion, and 8-hour HAZWOPER annual refresher training completion
- State-certified asbestos building inspector, and lead inspector. Understanding of asbestos-containing material (ACM) and lead surveys and regulations.
- Preferred experience with:
- Performing or overseeing construction, installation, startup and commissioning, operations, maintenance, excavation, and/or demolition of environmental solutions and developing operation, monitoring, and maintenance plans.
- Soil vapor extraction (SVE) system, air sparging, enhanced reductive dechlorination (ERD), groundwater extraction and treatment, formulating conceptual site models (CSM) and strategic environmental plans, Erosion and Sediment Control Plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control and Counter Plans, and Categorical Exclusions (CatEx)
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Remediation of petroleum products, light non-aqueous phase liquids (LNAPL) and dense nonaqueous phase liquids (DNAPL), chlorinated solvents, and other chemicals
- Permitting and designing landfills, lagoons, and other impoundments
- Mining, oil and gas, industrial wastewater, underground storage tanks (UST)
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Clean Water Act (CWA), Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Grant applications and management
- Projects for federal agencies
- Interfacing with the US EPA
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Success in both the public and private sectors
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and see. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high (during field work).
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes they require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
Matrix Design Group, Inc
Get fresh Environmental Remediation Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!