Project Engineer - Civil Engineering
- $65,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Project Engineer- Civil
Regular Full Time
Matrix has been named by The Gazette as a 2021 Colorado Springs Best Workplace!
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Project Engineer in our Denver office. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, respect and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; holiday, vacation and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Salary Range: $65,000.00 To $90,000.00 Annually, Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
• Design land development projects for residential, commercial and municipal development.
• Prepare roadway, grading, drainage, water and sewer plans using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Prepare traffic, drainage and utility reports.
• Prepare supporting calculations, construction specifications, and permitting in various jurisdictions.
• Prepare construction cost models and engineer’s opinion of probable cost for projects through various stages of development including due diligence to final construction document submittal for bid.
• Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
• Communicate as appropriate to directors, project manager, and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results.
• Work in an integrated team with various disciplines and clients.
• Coordinate with other disciplines and locations as necessary.
• Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Good technical writing skills.
• Knowledgeable in Civil 3D.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree from accredited program in civil engineering and a minimum of 5 years engineering experience.
• Minimum of EI certification, PE license strongly preferred.
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR check.
• Experience working with both private and municipal clients preferred.
• Working knowledge of Civil 3D
Ability to write reports, specifications, and perform design in Civil 3D strongly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
Matrix Design Group, IncDenver, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.