Project Engineer - Civil Engineering
- $65,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Matrix has been named by The Gazette as a 2021 Colorado Springs Best Workplace!
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking Project Engineer in our Colorado Springs office. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, respect and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; holiday, vacation and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Salary Range: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 Annually. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Responsible for providing engineering support by completing parts of engineering projects or the entirety of less complex projects that include the entitlement and design of civil engineering projects. Discipline involves planning and designing a wide variety of infrastructure improvements, detail drawings, assembling drawings and exhibits. Applicant will collaborate with a team of engineers, planners and landscape architects.
- Design projects for residential, commercial and municipal development.
- Have the ability to investigate criteria, prepare and process construction plans for approval within multiple jurisdictions.
- Prepare detailed grading, roadway, water, and sewer plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, hydrology and hydraulic analysis, drainage reports, plotting and drafting.
- Prepare supporting calculations, construction specs, and permitting in various jurisdictions.
- Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
- Communicate as appropriate to project managers and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and locations as necessary, both internal and external to Matrix.
- Assist with proposals and client management as necessary.
- Perform business development activities through maintenance of positive client relationships.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams
- Verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from accredited program in civil engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate working toward Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
- Experience writing drainage reports and performing roadway and utility design in Civil 3D a plus
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
Matrix Design Group, IncColorado Springs, CO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.