Mathis Law, PLLC is seeking an Associate Attorney to join our transportation and business law practice located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. This associate position would assist with all areas of the Firm’s practice, including transportation and logistics law, regulatory compliance, business law, insurance claims handling, employment matters, insurance law, and general civil litigation. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of civil litigation experience, exposure to trial work, experience with pre-litigation dispute resolution, contract drafting, corporate transactions, possess strong writing and communication skills, and the ability and flexibility to appear in court and travel throughout Florida. We are looking for someone who is not intimidated by a heavy caseload and is able to immediately handle all stages of litigation. *This is a full-time, 100% remote position.
• 2+ years civil litigation experience;
• Strong writing and communication skills;
• Experience with client and case management software;
• Experience at all stages of litigation including, depositions, mediations, settlement conferences, court appearances, drafting of motions and pleadings, and requests for discovery;
• Admission and in good standing with the State Bar of Florida;
• Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school;
• Possess reliable means of transportation;
*Applicants must have access to a private work office that they can use on a daily basis to work remotely. The Firm will cover the cost of work-related hardware, software, and supplies. Please note that the home office must be a private setting where confidential work can be completed. If the applicant chooses to work remotely from their home, the home work space is expected to be free of all distractions during normal working hours (8am-5pm).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for immediate consideration. Transcripts and writing sample will be requested of those who advance to the interview stage.
Compensation: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fully Remote; Occasional travel
Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00 am-5pm)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Opportunity for annual bonuses