Do you have a passion for leading a team and caring for older adults? We are looking for an experienced Director of Nursing (DON) who will oversee all clinical care in our 80 bed Health Center. We provide skilled nursing, assisted living and memory support care in our Health Center. The DON will oversee all clinical operations to ensure we are providing excellent care and complying with all regulatory guidelines. The qualified candidate will have excellent communication, organization and management skills. There are approximately 65 employees reporting to the DON and the DON is part of an interdisciplinary team that reports to our Health Care Administrator.
This position requires being on call and available outside of normal working hours along with a Manager on Duty rotation.
Ensures safe and ethical standards of practice and resident care and services; responsible for direction and coordination of all nursing services, according to Mather policies and related Federal and State regulations. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Selects, directs, develops and educates nursing staff according to standards of performance to ensure quality care to all residents
- Assures that nursing department functions within guidelines set forth by federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates, monitors and manages the quality and outcomes of resident care.
- Coordinates and ensures fiscal accountability of nursing department to ensure
- operational efficiencies.
- Maintains regular communications with residents, family members and staff.
- Actively pursues continuing education opportunities relating to position.
- Assures a safe environment through adherence to all Federal, State and Mather policies and procedures related to incident reporting, safety and risk management
Monitors and measures Quality Indicators to achieve Quality Assurance goals
- Works with Medical Director to develop “best practices” for nursing care
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
Required: State RN license, minimum of 2 years management experience preferably in a hospital or skilled nursing facility, able to interpret various operational and financial reports, must be able to hire, develop, evaluate and coach staff, excellent verbal and written skills; knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations.
Preferred : Masters or BSN, Computer Proficiency, knowledge of Medicare/MDS requirements
Splendido is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day—along with resort amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in Oro Valley, Arizona. Splendido includes 246 Terrace and Villa Homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehab housing and services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, a putting green, and more.
Splendido is located at 13500 Rancho Vistoso Boulevard in Oro Valley/Tucson.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with PPO options
- Optional dental HMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Discounted Employee meals
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."
Licenses & Certifications