We’re seeking a part time housekeeper to keep residents’ homes and community areas clean, comfortable, and attractive. As part of our team, you’ll create meaningful moments for residents and others, using your abilities and smile to make each day special for them.
The schedule for this opportunity is for Monday and Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturday 1:00 pm. to 5:00 p.m.
About Mather Place
Mather Place is an independent living rental community for those age 62 and better located in the heart of Chicago’s North Shore in Wilmette, Illinois, a short walk from Old Orchard shopping center. Mather Place includes 179 independent living apartment homes, as well as two restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, library, and more.
Mather Place is located at 2801 Old Glenview Road in Wilmette.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with HMO and PPO options
- Optional dental HMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Employee meals (free or discounted)
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather :
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."