We are looking for a full-time Human Resources Manager to provide leadership and human resources support to customer groups (Mather Place in Wilmette and Community Initiatives) including sourcing, recruitment, selection, orientation, retention, performance management, compensation, benefits, training and development, safety, employee relations and legal and regulatory compliance according to company policies, and federal, state, and local laws. Provides recruitment program development for Mather LifeWays including development of relationships with community organizations, schools, technical and nursing programs, use of social media, and other venues.
This position will be based at our offices in Evanston, IL and will require travel to multiple locations in Chicagoland.
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All employees are eligible for:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
5 + years Human Resources Generalist experience; proficient PC skills, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; ability to establish and maintain effective internal/external working relationships at all levels; and a clear understanding of applicable, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Experience supporting multiple locations and/or business units as a human resources generalist.
Job Type: Full-time