We’re seeking an Assisted Living Manager (RN) to join our dynamic team at our Life Plan Community, which provides assisted living, memory support, and skilled nursing. As the Assisted Living Manager in The Mather's care venue, you will supervise and oversee assisted living and memory support while maintaining exceptional service, regulatory compliance and effective staff leadership.
This is a full-time position, primarily working days. You will participate in on-call requirements and nurse coverage when required.
This position requires two years of geriatric nursing experience, demonstrated effective leadership, communication and presentation skills, current State of Illinois RN license, and knowledge of related Federal and State nursing regulations, and the ability to problem solve and set goals with resident-focused care. Preferred prior experience in a Memory Support and Dementia, with preference toward prior management experience in Assisted Living/Memory Support care venues. A passion for working with older adults with Dementia.
About The Mather:
The Mather is a Life Plan Community for those age 62 and better. Our staff of professionals is committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. The Mather is in Evanston, Illinois, close to downtown and public transportation. The Mather includes 240 independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehabilitation services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, gardens, and more.
The Mather is located at 425 Davis Street in Evanston.
What We Offer:
Mather offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All employees are eligible for:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces" by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "Refer to resume."