Mathematica is a nationally recognized organization that studies and supports evidence-based policy and program improvement within the fields of disability, early childhood, education, family support, health, labor, nutrition, and international development. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, international development funders and organizations, as well as private foundations.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Accountant in our Princeton, NJ office. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for a variety of accounting related tasks involving account analysis, journal entries, routine schedules and reports, including: financial statements and account reconciliations. Other responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintains the monthly close schedule in a timely manner
* Assists in preparing monthly organizational financial statements and performance reports
* Prepares general ledger account reconciliation and analysis and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner
* Creates, reviews, and posts journal entries
* Preparation of accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses
* Monitors the financial statements against the budget, explaining variances and assists with updating monthly forecasts.
* Record and provide analysis of intercompany transactions
* Preparation of audit supporting documents and schedules
* Assist project teams with financial analysis
* Responds to inquiries and questions from staff and management
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and at least seven years of experience in an accounting environment. A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
* Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
* Proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables and Vlookups), Word, and PowerPoint
* Understanding of Deltek Costpoint modules
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
* Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
* Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
* Familiarity with International accounting and mergers and acquisitions
* Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence in the accounting world
* Understanding of Earned Value Management and project planning
* Ability to work independently for long periods of time
* Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and contact information for 3 references at the time of your application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.