Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video "_Materion Is"along with other videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World."_
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Materion's HR Generalist provides day-to-day Human Resource support in the areas of employee relations, hourly staff recruiting and selection, new employee on-boarding, HR compliance, recordkeeping and performance management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer key HR processes which include employee relations, hourly staffing, new hire onboarding, employee performance management and regulatory compliance.
- Support HR programs and services that enable the business to achieve growth and performance goals.
- Work with supervisors and managers for day-to-day HR related matters.
- Provide support and advice on progressive discipline to ensure adherence to company policies and regulations.
- Build positive relationships across all levels.
- Assist in maintaining HR records and reports, as needed. Keep abreast of employment law changes and trends that impact the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Human Resource Specialist or Generalist role.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines. Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Works with minimum supervision, takes initiative and proactively seeks areas for improvement.
Job ID: 2019-3185
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-RI-Lincoln
Business Unit: Performance Metals Group
Relocation Provided: No
Category: Human Resources - Staff