For immediate consideration, please copy the link below and apply this position through:
We are looking for a Janitor to perform cleaning services and provide support to the Environmental Health & Safety team. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain office and manufacturing in clean and ship shape status.
- Perform routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste inventories, waste haul oversight, and manifest signing, label management, weekly storage inspection, etc.
- Assists in job hazard assessments by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements. Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys.
- Perform semi-annual cleaning of all horizontal surfaces.
- Perform cleanout of Water jet system.
- Perform neutralization system daily inspection.
- Assist in Beryllium migration control by keeping manufacturing area clean.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Work from ladders and scaffolds at heights up to 30 feet.
- Lift up to 75 pounds.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking significant distances.
- Visual ability (uncorrected or corrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range.
- Work may be performed within extreme temperature ranges.
- Work may require the use of hand and power tools.
Education and Skills
- Prior Janitor experience preferred
- Maintain an established work schedule
- Interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Understand and follow instructions precisely
- Work independently and work in a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.