Junior Systems Administrator
Material Bank Boca Raton, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth startup that's driving change throughout the architecture and design industry. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or the 'About Material Bank' section below.
Material Bank is seeking a Junior Systems Administrator who will be responsible in providing assistance to a wide array of technical issues. You will be the first level of onsite support for the Material Bank Headquarters, located in Boca Raton, FL, reporting into the Director of Information Technology.
**This role requires to be onsite in Boca Raton, FL**
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is willing to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership of what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, launching new services, or delighting our customers by making their daily life easier.
What you'll do
- Provide white-glove onsite and remote technical support for approximately 200 employees
- Responsible for user hardware, software and peripheral support. Troubleshooting of IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, printers and other end-user devices.
- Respond and troubleshoot level 1-2 tickets within JIRA, according to the defined SLAs
- Successful deployment of Windows/Mac/Linux OS environments and targeting process automations using an appropriate MDM infrastructure
- Support and manage the network infrastructure / services such as LAN troubleshooting and support, Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi administration, Cisco switch configuration and VOIP phone system support
- Coordinate the hardware procurement and asset management
- Collaborate in corporate and site projects and activities as directed
- Create and maintain documentation of processes
- 1-3 years of experience in IT support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Good Understanding of basic computer hardware concepts and terminologies.
Experience in supporting end-user hardware equipment like desktop, laptops, printers and scanners.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
Experience in supporting Windows 10 operating system and Client software like MS Office, VPN etc.
- Some experience with automated OS patching & reporting tools
Good knowledge of networking concepts and basic troubleshooting
Basic Linux systems administration skills
Strong troubleshooting skills of IT systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/e-mail with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers and zebra printers
- Experience in supporting switches, Wi-fi, routers & firewall
- Inventory management skills
- Experience in supporting Apple Mac systems , MacOS and Linux systems
- Network +/ CCNA Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge is desirable
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge is desirable
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
Are you passionate about helping people solving their IT problems? Love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join the Material Bank IT team! We're looking for people who strive to "Work Hard, are End User Focus, Have Fun and want to be part of an exciting growth journey."
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world's largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.
Material Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or other status protected under any applicable federal, state or local law.