- Posted: over a month ago
Why This is a Really Great Opportunity
This position is ideal for a hands-on Mechanical Engineer with a desire to expand their skill. As an integral member of this team, you will design and build complex, multi-faceted systems used to test a variety of materials. A successful candidate will be comfortable in a manufacturing environment, have an eye for precision and detail, and have experience with the design of complex systems.
Matec Instrument Companies, Inc. specializes in the design, development, and manufacturing of ultrasonic imaging and nondestructive testing systems. Used by some of the most well-known aerospace, military, railroad, and metals companies in the world, Matec has experienced steady and profitable growth.
- Create detailed machine assembly drawings.
- Component design using SolidWorks design software
- Ensure that equipment meets all functional specifications.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and throughput.
- Interface with customers to produce a successful and positive operational outcome
- Develop project specifications, testing and evaluating designs to assure product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in the specified environment.
- Recommends modifications following prototype test results.
- Consistently considers the implications of issues such as cost, safety, and time.
- BSME degree and a minimum of 2-years’ experience in machine/system design
- Proficient in 3D CAD design software: SolidWorks required.
- Working knowledge of machine tools and manufacturing processes
- Experience with the design of complex machines and/or linear motion systems preferred.
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently
- Occasional travel is required to client/customer sites
- You must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer
The Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance w/HSA
- Safe Harbor 401k
- Flexible Spending
- 10 Holiday’s
- PTO – vacation/sick/personal
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- An awesome, flexible, casual working environment!
***Don't forget to check the consent to be texted box!***
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?