Science Teacher (7th)
Matchbook Learning Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Matchbook Learning is looking to hire outstanding Science teachers for our 7th grade!
Who are we?
A non-profit charter management organization in Indianapolis, Indiana who have launched a single K-8 Innovation Charter School in partnership with the Mayor's Office and Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS). We have been granted a charter to restart and turn around a low performing IPS school beginning summer 2018. Our innovative, award-winning blended turnaround school model, the first of its kind in the nation to be offered to schools with the highest poverty rates and needs, has already achieved extraordinary results. Now, we are excited to develop a scalable model for inner-city public education in Indianapolis.
Who are we looking for?
As a Matchbook Learning teacher, you will be a teacher, a project advisor and a learning facilitator. Matchbook teachers provide targeted small-group instruction, lead whole group discussions, coach students as they work with individualized online learning tools, and collaborate with peers to ensure high levels of student achievement. Matchbook provides teachers with various technology platforms which we believe is a key to both student and teacher success. We believe that ordinary teachers can achieve extraordinary results when their development is personalized and empowered with the aid of technology.
- An entrepreneurial heart and mindset. Serving in a turnaround or restart school requires both the courageous vision to take on a challenge with massive potential AND the quiet humility to be willing to try, fail and try again.
- A coachable spirit. Our model is new, innovative and on the cusp of being proven as a powerfully sustainable, scalable way to serve students in low-income, high need schools. At times you will be a teacher and at times you will be a student.
- State Standard teaching certification or equivalent out-of-state certificate.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- At least two years teaching experience in an urban or low-income setting.
- Demonstrated a record of success in the classroom (as a classroom teacher preferred, assistant and student teaching evidence considered).
- Demonstrated an understanding of how to effectively analyze student data to guide instruction.
What do we provide?
Competitive teaching salaries, excellent benefits, and an innovative, fun, family-like atmosphere.
Over 40 hours of career coaching -- you will be professionally mentored and developed.
Laptop computer and access to the latest technology.
How do I apply?
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter here: http://www.matchbooklearning.com/careers.
EducationView all jobs at Matchbook Learning