(Architectural) Engineer, Product Development Mechanical Systems
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is hiring a Product Development Engineer to help develop next-generation building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) technologies and products that harvest energy from rooftops and deliver customer satisfaction
This exciting role will work within a cross-functional team to develop solar technology platforms, components, and products that integrate seamlessly into roofs and deliver high-energy production at a competitive cost
The ideal candidate must have a passion for engineering products that will change the world’s energy infrastructure and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. With outstanding technical acumen, attention to detail, and strong leadership skills you can help us protect what matters most
This person is responsible for soliciting and managing the input of stakeholders in order to create optimized designs. They will conceive, design, build, procure, evaluate, and specify product solutions which they will refine through iteration
What will you be doing?
- Design and engineer innovative new products for the home energy space
- Analyze components for optimization and to ensure functionality (FEA, tolerance analysis, etc.)
- Track and demonstrate that the designs meet product requirements (cost, quality, manufacturability, usability, reliability, etc.)
- Collaborate with R&D, Compliance, Reliability, Product Management, and Applications contributors, along with other cross-functional stakeholders throughout the development process
- Manage design projects, identify and mitigate high-risk tasks, communicate schedules to stakeholders, and drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Nurture new concepts within the lab from ideation through to high-volume production
- Implement continuous improvements and best practices within the team and the larger organization
- Develop and refine product solutions, by defining requirements, generating concepts, determining evaluation metrics, building or procuring concept prototypes, evaluating concept functionality, downselecting and iterating
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of BS Degree in Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering
- 2 years of product design and development experience minimum, 4+ preferred
- Creativity & problem solving skills
- Experience designing products for high-volume production
- Strong ability to use rapid prototyping techniques such as 3D printing, machining, welding, metal bending, woodworking, etc. for fabricating various parts and test fixtures.
- Experience with carpentry and residential home construction is preferred
- A physics-based fundamentals approach to design
- Capable with math, computational analysis, FEA, FMEA, CAD
- Proficient user of Solidworks
- Ability to create clear & concise technical documentation including manufacturing drawings. Working knowledge of GD&T is a plus
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), familiarity with processes like injection molding, extrusion, sheet metal bending & stamping is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster
- A can-do attitude
- Willing and able to sometimes spend a majority of the day in an R&D lab, pilot production environment or residential construction site (including being on rooftops)
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external cross-functional teams verbally, in writing, and via presentations
AddressSan Jose, CA
Get fresh Product Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.