We're seeking to hire a Senior PHP Developer Team Leader with at least 8 years of profound PHP/MySQL development experience and extensive Laravel knowledge building and coordinating team on the process of constructing cross-browser, cross-platform front-end interfaces, back-end system, API integrations, producing high quality and efficient Server-Side code and HTML5/CSS3/JS/JQuery output via Blade.
We want a lead developer who can think fast, juggle multiple projects, mentor developers and projects, and solve real-world problems with minimal assistance. You must have extensive knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and have enough MySQL Language experience to write advanced SQL Queries with and without Eloquent!
You will be working with the engineers, system administrators and developers on different layers of application, planning and development to seemingly integrate solutions within existing products or build new ones from the ground up. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
The ideal candidate should be able to interactively participate in all phases of the planning, management and development life-cycle of the PHP application, its environment and integration with other products. The perfect candidate will be the one that provide a perfect liaison between the CTO and the development team, The main skills required for this position are:
- You will be the Product Owner of our PHP-Laravel/MySQL/Salesforce Platform, coordinating development efforts and maintaining of the product
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications
- Maintaining existing code base, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features
- Converting data from or in between various formats (i.e.: Excel, ACCESS, CSV, XML, Raw Text and Binary, etc.) into developed databases and more
- Rapidly learn our technology stack and develop new components to enhance existing functionality of the current product portfolio
- Develop solutions to ensure highest performance and best user experience
- Advanced knowledge in Jira, Git and Agile processes
- A minimum of 8 years in PHP/MySQL development and 3+ years of experience with Laravel and Blade
- Solid experience in PHP development, including extensive OOP, Classes and Objects
- High level knowledge about the SQL Language, being able to write plain queries with and without Eloquent, including Joints, Triggers, Events, Stored Procedures and Views
- It is imperative to understand Secure Sessions and Security Measures to prevent code injection, XXS, and other hacking techniques
- Ability to generate documentation and reports
- Experience with both: SQL Databases (MySQL, MariaDB, PostGres) and non-SQL Databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Must be familiar and comfortable working with Linux Systems, BASH, SSH, etc.
- Must be experienced in Cloud Platforms such as AWS, RackSpace, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Must be well versatile in cross-browser and responsive designs
- Extensive experience with AJAX
- Extensive experience with JSON
- Must be proficient in Git (Version Control).
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (S3 or EC2), HTTP, RESTful Web Services, RackSpace, etc.
- Practical Experience or training in Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Self-management skills
- Excellent aptitude to work as team and lead
- Experience Debugging PHP code written by others using multiple decentralized solutions
- BASH script writing knowledge is also a plus
- It would be good to have some experience with Python and Perl as well
- Experience Building (and publishing) mobile applications (Android and iOS) from the ground up
At MatchRX, we live by our Core Values:
1. Ethical – Do the right thing
2. Member Driven – Doing what’s good for the member
3. Team Player – Working in cohesion
4. Dependable – Constantly reliable
5. Do-er, Go-getter – Being action oriented
Recognized by Royal Oak as the Best Corporate Office for 2020, our success is truly defined by our team members and culture. As a small, growing team, we offer great opportunities for career advancement and low turnover. We understand the importance of hiring and retaining the right people. We offer a fun and professional environment, promoting a healthy balance between personal and professional lifestyles. When you need a break from the daily tasks, enjoy a game of ping pong or giant jenga, walk the streets of downtown Royal Oak, or grab a bite at one of the many unique bistros along Main Street. Lunch is catered twice per week.
Come join our team!
MatchRX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.