Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MatchPoint Solutions is a fast-growing, young, energetic global IT-Engineering services company with clients across the US. We provide technology solutions to various clients like Uber, Robinhood, Netflix, Airbnb, Google, Sephora, and more! More recently, we have expanded to working internationally in Canada, China, Ireland, UK, Brazil, and India. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build, and deliver business results, from idea to outcome. We keep our clients on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and provide solutions by using industry-specific best practices and expertise.
We are excited to be continuously expanding our team. If you are interested in this position, please send over your updated resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Lead Network Engineer possesses deep knowledge of Enterprise Network Technologies including Routing/Switching, Cloud integration, and Network Management tools. S/he will also be knowledgeable of industry trends in network technology and have good understanding of the interaction between network and other technologies including AWS, Azure, Oracle, Big Data, and VMWare. The Network Engineer Sr. Technician leads creation of network standards and is able to apply them in support of present and future business needs within the Allstate environment.
- Oversee Routing Switching technology aspects of Networking for Allstate, maintaining a perspective of the how the industry is heading, talking to other companies, and bringing back to Allstate other customer experiences.
- Assist in creating and maintaining roadmaps for product lifecycles, including the year-to-year budget, which is presented on a biannual basis to leadership.
- Create standardized solutions that are documented and provide training to staff. Inclusive of recommending technologies, evaluating technologies, implementing one or more of these in a proof of concept, and then transitioning the work to peers or a fulfillment team for completion. Develop, plan, and implement highly complex change, sign off on less complex changes, and monitor changes as needed depending on delegations.
- Ability to present written or verbal communications to senior leadership, inclusive of resource requirements or budgeting forecast.
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components. Collaborate with operations to address concerns with mean time to repair, which could be used to perform incident avoidance.
- Ability to automate network technologies, so that we can speed our deliver or operations, using common tools at noted in the skills requirements.
- Superior analytical skills. Oversee and drive effort to analyze highly complex problems and solution alternatives. Recommend best alternatives and implement upon approval.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Provide coaching and direction for more junior engineers, serving as Subject Matter Expert for network requirements within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; coordinate capacity requirements, design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
Education required: College degree or equivalent work experience
Python and/or other scripting skills, such as Ansible [Very Highly desired]
Routing (Complex BGP [Very Highly Desired], OSPF, route redistribution, VRF lite, Static routing, route maps, ECMP)
Experience installing a Data center SDN, Cisco ACI, Cumulus, or other, into production
Cisco ACI [Very Highly Desired]
Proven experience designing and engineering in a large enterprise network or ISP
5+ years of experience with enterprise network systems
Cisco Data Center and Access layer switching and routing hardware and software (NXOS, IOS, etc.)
Switching (PVST+, RSPT preferred, MST, MLAG)
QOS CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
Protocol analysis (TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
VPN's (Point to Point VPN's, DMVPN)
Participated in End-of-life planning and budgeting
Experience with Network management integration with SNMP, Syslog, and event handling
Experience in Python scripting and Rest API
Experience in implementing network-based security 802.1x, Port Security, NAT, IPSEC
Ability to troubleshoot and maintain the F5 technology within an enterprise production environment.
Experience with GSLB, F5 LTM and GTM is required.
Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
Cisco data center switching
Experience with or book knowledge with Cisco ACI (application / network centric migrations.
Experience in developing Service Level Management - developing SLA's and quantifying Availability of the Network.
Match Point Solutions
AddressMissouri Township, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Match Point Solutions
Get fresh Global Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.