To provide thorough and accurate member service through teller functions, new accounts, loan services, and other related functions that meet the needs of both the member and the credit union. These responsibilities shall be performed through courteous and accurate transactions and in accordance with established policies and procedures, and with a minimum of supervision to assure that the needs of the member(s) are served and the objectives of the credit union are met.
- Responsible for member marketing of the Credit Union and knowledge of all services offered to a degree that will enable answering questions, cross selling or referring member for specific services in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively contribute to the success of the Credit Union by working positively within the retail community office and supporting achievement of organizational goals.
- Responsible for processing all teller transactions related to member accounts.
- Responsible for opening all types of deposit accounts, including but not limited to, share, share draft, individual retirement accounts, money market accounts and certificates of deposits.
- Responsible for processing check orders, ATM applications, VISA CheckCard applications, payroll deductions, direct deposits, automatic transfers, research requests, wire transfers, share draft stop payments, cashier’s check replacements, etc.
- Assist members in person and on the phone with inquiries and requests including, NADA book values, performing Notary services and vehicle inspections.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all consumer loan products, including GAP and Debt Cancellation products.
- Interview loan applicants, assist members with applications, counseling on collateral, procedure, policies and alternatives. Responsible for work up of loan applications including credit, income, and employment verifications, validating debt to income (DTI) ratios, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling and performing loan closings, apprising applicants of all pertinent loan data, including but not limited to the disclosure of terms, payment amounts, dates, methods of repayment, and insurance available or required.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining change fund drawer, related checks and tickets, document preparation, computer input, cash and check handling and balancing of same on a daily basis.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the office, our security, risk management activities, maintenance of our facilities, and equipment & supply inventory in the absence of the Community Office Manager and/or Teller Supervisor as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with credit union policies and procedures contained in all manuals pertinent to job duties to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Establishes and maintains relationships necessary to carry out the activities of this position. Plays an active role in helping the credit union team function smoothly and effectively.
The incumbent is authorized to take any action to carry out the responsibilities assigned by the Retail Community Office Manager so long as such action does not deviate from established policies and represents sound business judgment; except for specific limitations placed on the incumbent’s authority by specific assignments to other personnel.
PREREQUISITES FOR THIS POSITION
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Technical skills must include prior training or performance on a keyboard and 10-key adding machine at a level that will require no retraining. Prior training in human relation skills is highly desirable.
- Minimum Experience: Two years of public contact, with one year experience in a secretarial/office position. One year experience in a financial institution and/or in a retail sales culture. Six months Teller experience, six months supervisory experience and one year experience in a consumer lending position, or equivalent training.
- Personal Characteristics and Skills: Must be of the highest integrity, in good health and with personal habits above reproach. Knowledge of financial services is important but equally important is the desire and skill to identify and meet our member’s needs. Must practice confidentiality and be able to work well under pressure. Must be self-motivated, efficient, accurate, and organized. Must be a mature person with sound judgment. Must have the ability to meet and work effectively with people of varying levels of education and experience and be able to communicate, both written and orally, with same. Must be able to take direction and be willing to seek counsel of supervisor as necessary.
- Working Conditions: Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of documents and transactions. Continuous alertness of surroundings for security purposes. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience, and negotiating in solving members’ problems. Continuous use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity in identifying member needs, solving member problems and in actively cross-selling credit union services and products. Continuous memory demands in recalling credit union policies and services, and state and federal regulations. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. This position may require extended or irregular hours.
MVFCU is a nonprofit financial cooperative, owned and controlled by our members. Our Board of Directors are volunteers from the community, elected by our members.
As a member-owned cooperative, we are responsive to member needs. We provide a complete range of financial services that offer convenience and flexibility.
Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union
Why Work Here?At Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union, our members are a family, joined by the belief that together we can do better. Our goal is to help members build a better financial future and we’ve been doing that since 1948! MVFCU is a nonprofit financial cooperative, owned and controlled by our members. Our Board of Directors are volunteers from the community, elected by our members. As a member-owned cooperative, we are responsive to member needs. We provide a complete range of financial services that offer convenience and flexibility.
Come join our family away from family with your next career!