- Responsible for member marketing of the Credit Union and knowledge of all services offered to a degree that will enable answering questions, cross selling or referring members for specific services in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively contribute to the success of the Credit Union by working positively within the department and supporting achievement of organizational goals.
- Responsible for processing all teller transactions related to member accounts.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining change fund drawer, related checks and tickets, document preparation, computer input, cash and check handling and balancing of same on a daily basis.
- Maintain familiarity with credit union policies and procedures contained in all manuals pertinent to job duties to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE POSITION
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: One year of public contact, with one year experience in a secretarial/office position desirable. Six months experience in a financial institution. Six months Teller experience.
- Technical Skills: Prior training or performance of operating a calculator, keyboard and a computer terminal that will require no retraining. Must type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Personal Characteristics: Must be of the highest integrity, in good health and with personal habits above reproach. A positive attitude and teamwork mentality is essential. Knowledge of financial services is important but equally important is the desire and skill to identify and meet our member’s needs. Must practice confidentiality and be able to work well under pressure. Must be self-motivated, efficient, accurate, and organized. Must be a mature person with sound judgment. Must have the ability to meet and work effectively with people of varying levels of education and experience and be able to communicate, both written and orally, with same. Must be able to take direction and be willing to seek counsel of supervisor as necessary.
- Working Conditions: Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of documents and transactions. Continuous alertness of surroundings for security purposes. Frequent performing basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience, and negotiating in solving members’ problems. Continuous use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity in identifying member needs, solving member problems and actively cross-selling credit union services and products. Continuous memory demands in recalling credit union policies and services, and state and federal regulations. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e., robbery. Occasional travel is required. This position may require extended or irregular hours. Continuous standing and/or sitting for long periods of time when providing member services or performing other duties related to the position. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional bending, squatting or kneeling to reach supplies on ground level. Occasional reaching above shoulder level to reach supplies overhead. Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrist; finger dexterity to perform various accounting duties such as using a ten-key calculator, typing, and entering data into the computer system. Continuous speaking and hearing for interactions with members and coworkers. Continuous clarity of vision of 20 inches or less for normal processing of member transactions. Continuous clarity of vision of 20 feet or more for security purposes.
MVFCU is a nonprofit financial cooperative, owned and controlled by our members. Our Board of Directors are volunteers from the community, elected by our members.
As a member-owned cooperative, we are responsive to member needs. We provide a complete range of financial services that offer convenience and flexibility.
Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union
Why Work Here?At Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union, our members are a family, joined by the belief that together we can do better. Our goal is to help members build a better financial future and we’ve been doing that since 1948! MVFCU is a nonprofit financial cooperative, owned and controlled by our members. Our Board of Directors are volunteers from the community, elected by our members. As a member-owned cooperative, we are responsive to member needs. We provide a complete range of financial services that offer convenience and flexibility.
Come join our family away from family with your next career!
Eagle River, AK