· Responsible for member marketing of the Credit Union and knowledge of all services offered to a degree that will enable answering questions, or referring members for specific services.
· Responsible for the direct supervision of Commercial Servicing personnel, including operational training, performance evaluation, and scheduling.
· Review risk rating profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decisions process.
· Provide ongoing staff training including but not limited to: Commercial Lending guidelines, regulatory compliance changes, and initial escrow deposit requirements.
· Update staff on systems and procedural updates and potential issues.
· System Administrator for, but not limited to: Laser Pro.
· Oversee all loan servicing functions for Commercial loans, including but not limited to: new loan creation via data entry on Symitar, payment processing, escrow account monitoring and analysis, hazard insurance and property tax tracking, document preparation for modified loans, and directly assist members to resolve questions or disputes.
· Manage portfolio loans to include but not limited to:
o Familiarity with the property documents needed to properly record loans in the name of a Trust or Business.
o Reviewing received closed loan documents from the Title Company for MBL & Commercial Loans.
o Disbursing loans, controlling funds at closing, and maintaining GL records.
o Perform Post Closing Audits on Commercial Loans to ensure adherence with Credit Union policy as well as regulatory compliance.
o Ensure accurate input of loan data into funding system and audit new loans from daily reports printed.
o Identify any and all conditions that must be satisfied to meet guidelines.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE POSITION
Minimum Education: High School graduate or equivalent. College level courses desirable.
Minimum Experience: Five years recent experience in a progressively responsible position in a lending institution working with Commercial applications, Income Taxes, By-Laws, Guarantor information, and other Corporate documents. Must be knowledgeable in Alaskan real estate laws and processes. Knowledge regarding recording, discharge, conveyance and re-conveyance procedures. Knowledge about real estate law, uniform commercial code, and have familiarity with systems, such as Symitar, and Laser Pro. Knowledge of lien procedures with the FAA for aircraft and Coast Guard nautical liens.
Technical Skills: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies.
Personal Characteristics: Must be of the highest integrity, be in good health, and with personal habits above reproach. Must practice confidentiality. Must be a mature person with sound judgment. Must have the ability to meet and work effectively with people of varying levels of education and experience and be able to communicate, both written and orally with same. Must have a high degree of self-motivation, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and making sound decisions. Must be able to take directions and seek the council of supervisor as necessary.
Working Conditions: Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of documents and transactions. This position may require extended or irregular hours. Travel may be required. Continuous standing and/or sitting for long periods of time when performing other duties related to the position. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
MVFCU is a nonprofit financial cooperative, owned and controlled by our members. Our Board of Directors are volunteers from the community, elected by our members.
As a member-owned cooperative, we are responsive to member needs. We provide a complete range of financial services that offer convenience and flexibility.