- Expired: November 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
MasteryPrep helps low-income, first-generation students prepare for the ACT, SAT, TSIA2, and End of Course exams. Each year, MasteryPrep partners with over 1,000 schools and districts to help them serve over 300,000 students who would otherwise lack access to premium test prep.
We are seeking a driven individual with project management experience to serve as the Project Manager for a sprint team in Academic Product Development. The ideal candidate will manage the projects for a single development team in order to deliver product increments on-time and on-budget. The role is responsible for tracking work product, organizing sprints and product launches, coordinating freelancer assignments, managing productivity software, and various other management tasks. This role will report to the Chief Academic Officer.
We believe the best way to maintain a successful work environment is through the inclusion of employees from diverse backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences.
The ideal candidate must be aligned to MasteryPrep's Core Values of:
- Go pro. Or go home. Get better than the best.
- Do right. Period.
- Make it happen. Excuses never built anything.
- Make it awesome. There is no equality without quality.
- Customers are forever. This company is for them.
About the Role
As Project Manager you will be responsible for monitoring and shepherding product delivery pipelines and enabling other development team members through production reports, block-breaking, and contractor coordination. You will own the projects for the team, manage their organization, and facilitate the development team's planning, goal-setting, and deadlines. Therefore, it is essential you are especially organized and team-focused.
You will be responsible for - but not limited to - the following:
- Monitoring the progress of multiple product development timelines and building reports for fellow team members
- Proactively identifying blocking problems in a pipeline and collaborating to develop a tailored solution
- Attending regularly-held remote meetings using camera and microphone, including daily huddles and weekly, monthly, and quarterly planning sessions
- Coordinating assignments for all contractors, including managing deadlines and internal tracking of assignments
- Administering the development team's productivity software, including setting dependencies and labels, organizing workflow boards, and producing reports
- Completing any task that will enable the product development team to deliver a quality product increment on-time and on-budget.
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal and group communication skills
- Technology prowess
- Timely delivery
- Prioritization and delegation
- Attention to detail
- Receptivity to feedback
- You enable the development team to deliver products that meet quality specifications, budget targets, and deadlines set by the product roadmap.
- You work collaboratively and respectfully with each member of the development team and other departments within the company.
- You identify waste or other inefficiencies in our development pipelines and are able to speed up delivery.
- You keep detailed reports on each product pipeline, including allocated resources, content stages, workflow pinch points, and threats.
- You seek out and eliminate all blocking issues for a particular team member or a particular product phase.
- You foster an inclusive, supportive, and positive work environment while developing and addressing your team's efficiency.
- You receive exemplary performance reviews from leadership and positive employee feedback.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Dedicated remote work space with stable internet, webcam, and microphone
- Experience using Dropbox, Slack, and Microsoft and Google ecosystems
- Experience with management software (Asana, Trello, Gitlab, Jira, etc) is a plus
- Salary range starts at $50,000
- Employee benefits eligibility (health, disability, AD&D, life insurance)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Ability to work fully remote
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
ConstructionView all jobs at MasteryPrep
Get fresh Student Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.