Algebra I Test Writer
MasteryPrep Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
MasteryPrep is an education services company that specializes in college-entrance exam preparation for students who struggle with tests. It is a fast-growing organization and one of the leading providers of ACT, SAT, TSIA2, and End of Course preparation serving hundreds of thousands of students in districts across the country.
The company is expanding its line of STAAR products for the 2021-2022 school year and is looking for talented writers to generate authentic STAAR test items for a digital suite of practice materials. If you are interested in writing for an education company that primarily serves under-resourced schools and districts and/or you are seeking freelance work that pays well, consider joining MasteryPrep!
- Author authentic, premium-quality Algebra I questions that meet the specifications for the STAAR Algebra I examination.
- Write accurate and concise explanations for a variety of Algebra I questions
- Communicate regularly with an editor in regard to deadlines, feedback, and transparency on work progress.
- Produce revisions on all work as necessary prior to the completion of an assignment.
- Attend paid training to meet the quality expectations for all writing assignments.
- Excellent writing skills, which include authoring unique test items and detailed explanations according to strict specifications
- Able to analyze released test items to determine the standard alignment and assessed skills
- Strong Algebra I content knowledge
- Able to follow deadlines and produce quality work with a prompt turnaround, typically within 5 days.
- Familiarity using and access to the following: a stable internet connection, Microsoft Word, Gmail, Dropbox, compatibility with Zoom video conferencing and Slack messaging.
- Test-prep experience, high standardized tests scores, familiarity with TEKS, and an education background are prioritized.
All contractors will be paid by assignment and only on completion. Most assignments will range between $200 and $300 for the completion of a set of 20-30 questions, dependent on the complexity of the assignment. Smaller assignments will pay less and will be determined at the time of the assignment.
Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
EducationView all jobs at MasteryPrep