***LOCATED IN BLUFFTON, OHIO***
A graphic designer produces visual solutions to the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness. Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest software packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design.
Appropriate medium and styles are selected in conjunction with the client's requirements. By providing quality visuals it is hoped the sales of the client will increase as potential customers become more informed or persuaded by the graphics.
- Meeting clients to discuss their needs
- Interpreting the client's business needs
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client
- Multi-tasking: graphic designers often work on more than one design brief at a time
- Using a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
- Producing accurate and high quality work
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
- Working well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists;
- Working to tight deadlines
Specific experience working in the sign business is a big plus, but is not required.