- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Masterpiece International was founded in 1989, in New York City, as a Customs Broker, Freight Forwarder, and Logistics Provider specializing in the transport of works of art and antiquities.
Masterpiece was built on the principle that all clients deserve exceptional, personalized service – and the company is still led by those values today. We Treat Every Shipment like a Masterpiece.
Masterpiece International is a proud part of the Magnate Worldwide Family of Companies.
Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts including automated sorting machinery, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. This role oversees the financial objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, and report to management for any P&L questions. This role will also develop and execute processes within Warehouse TMS system. Finally, this role will maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and outbound operations for airfreight, LCL and FCL volumes by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Develop and implement warehouse SOP.
- Measure performance, analyze opportunities, improve and control performance, constantly aim to reach the ultimate goal to establish outstanding customer satisfaction, speed inbound to outbound cycle time and eliminate errors.
- Communicate closely with internal and external warehouse customers, report to management.
- Comply with federal, state and local warehousing and shipping requirement by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Continuously improve operational performance and efficiency while satisfying both company and customer needs.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees in cooperation with HR.
- Adherence to all compliance and regulations to managing a Container Freight Station
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years operation and management experience in warehouse/distribution center.
- Strong knowledge of distribution center procedures, including analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible to work variable shifts, including weekends and operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to frequent change.
The position is in an indoor, office environment, requires the ability to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors verbally and in writing, sit for periods of time, operate typical office equipment which requires seeing and the use of a keyboard. May be required to lift 50 lbs. packages from time to time as well as operate a forklift.WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary plus incentives
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- HSA match contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Employer paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary benefits like pet insurance and identity protection
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Masterpiece International