Chief Engineer - Structural
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Chief Engineer, Structural at MasterCraft Boat Holdings (MCBH), you will be the subject matter expert for all fiberglass and non-fiberglass systems used on MCBH products. Use of fiberglass reinforced plastics (FRP) is a core competency of the MCBH companies, and as such this role is expected to be the subject matter expert on composite design. In addition, the use of non-fiberglass structures (metals) is commonly used to support many other boating activities. Examples include wakeboard towers, center console T-Tops, ski tow bars, and outboard engines. The knowledge of materials utilized in the marine industry and requirements of the metal to fiberglass interface requirements is also critical.
As a Chief Engineer, you have two main responsibilities. First, to develop and maintain all relevant specifications for your area of expertise, such that the MCBH companies can utilize these specifications to successfully build a boat. Second, accountability for review and approval of all engineering drawings, components and systems across the entire MCBH boat portfolio. This all-new position will also coach and guide engineers that are responsible for generating drawings, as well as be an internal consultant for the organization for warranty issues and innovation.
This job will interface with MasterCraft Boat Company engineers, internal departments including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Sourcing, Quality and Customer Service, and externally with vendors, dealers and potentially end consumer on all aspects related to new product development.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a written document (the Book of Specifications, or B.O.S.S) for all relevant specifications within your area of expertise.
- Review, approve and be accountable for all engineering drawings that are released within your relevant area of expertise.
- Review, approve and be accountable for all engineering changes (ECR/ECN) within your relevant area of expertise.
- Be accountable for developing the responsible program targets at the kickoff of every New Product Development (NPD) model and model year change programs.
- Assist the MCBH sourcing and supplier quality teams as well as plant level customer service and warranty teams with root cause analysis of component and systems failures in your area of expertise.
- Assist the Advanced Innovation team with the development of product specification for new components and systems
- Serve as “Subject Matter Expert” role for product and market questions for engineering and (NPD) activity for MasterCraft Boat Holdings.
- Act as coach, teacher and mentor for brand specific engineers in your subject area of expertise
- Participate in developing multi-year product plans, provide competitive analysis to support business planning and build and communicate compelling customer value propositions that are understood both internally and externally for your subject area of expertise
- Interpret both competitive current and future capabilities and plans across a broad range of industries and markets and provide financial analysis into the strategic planning process for your area of expertise
· Work with various MasterCraft Boat Company development teams globally on activities related to new product development and product releases.
· Review government regulations/standards and gains an understanding of their effects on the products.
· Must be flexible on work duties and willing to accommodate projects as needed
· Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace) and a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- 8+ years of in-depth knowledge
- Experience working directly with customers
- General understanding of the marine industry
- Excellent MS Office skills
Top Candidates will also have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) experience
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the organization, including peer groups, senior management, and customer leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive actions through the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others
- Six Sigma black belt experience
- CAD experience with either Rhino, Solidworks or Siemens NX
- PDM experience with either Teamcenter or Windchill
Get fresh Chief Structural Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.