Armed Security Officer - SPO- D.C
- Posted: over a month ago
Master Security, a leading security provider headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, has been providing solutions for security needs across the East Coast for over 60 years. We specialize in commercial, private, and government security, offering both armed and unarmed contract services. Please read this advertisement carefully as this posting is for a full time and part time armed special police officer in Washington, DC.
We firmly believe in providing our customers with the strongest possible candidates to protect their assets, property, and personnel. We have developed a set of criteria we expect our security officers to meet in order to both serve the customer in the best possible way, as well as giving our officers the best chance to succeed for the duration of their employment. The criteria are as follows:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to legally work in the US.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Must have reliable/working transportation (public transportation will not be considered).
- Must have a cell phone to be contacted by Operations Supervisors.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony arrests or convictions.
- Must have a DC Armed Special Police Officer License (SPO Armed).
- Must be able to perform the duties as stated in post orders, which may require standing/walking for an extended period or lifting.
- Must be familiar with mobile technology (tablets, smartphones, etc...).
- Must have a VALID full driver's License - public transportation will NOT be considered.
DUTIES/WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Keep a daily log of all activity during your assigned shift, at your assigned post.
- Must be able to document all incidents that take place during your assigned shift in a detailed incident report.
- Perform walking/vehicular patrols throughout the duration of your shift.
- Enforce the rules set forth by the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Arrive on time, in proper uniform to your assigned post.
- Ability to interact and communicate with the public.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately, and to be able to respond in an appropriate manner.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Master Security, we look forward to reviewing incoming applications!
Master Security is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Master Security is an Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace
*There will be follow up e-mails to schedule interviews for qualified applicants, please do not call the office checking on the status of your application*
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Real EstateView all jobs at Master Security