ELECTRICIAN SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Operate service truck. Design, lay out, assemble, install, test, and repair electrical fixtures, apparatus, and wiring used in a wide range of electrical systems that provide light, heat, refrigeration, air conditioning, and power.
ELECTRICIAN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows blueprints, specifications, or verbal instructions and plans the intended location of wiring and equipment.
- Measures, cuts, assembles, and installs electrical wiring, stripping, splicing, and soldering as necessary.
- Attaches cables and wiring to the incoming electrical service and to various fixtures and machines that use electricity.
- Installs switches, circuit breakers, relays, transformers, grounding leads, signal devices, and other electrical components.
- Performs circuit testing for continuity and safety after installation, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Does all work in accordance with the National Electric Code as well as state and local building and electrical codes.
Reports to the Master Electrician.
A high school diploma or GED is required; a diploma from a trade/vocational school is preferred. Completion of an electrician course is desired, as is good color vision and manual dexterity.
ELECTRICIAN PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with project management and coworkers is important. Regular use of a variety of both handheld and motorized electrician’s tools is essential. Standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints, and drawings.
Heavy lifting is not expected. Exertion of up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally is required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common construction equipment, electrician’s tools, and scaffolding is required.
Good math and reasoning ability is essential. Able to apply statistical calculations, geometry, trigonometry, algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings and equipment operating manuals to conduct business.
The job may be performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, and smoke may occur. Protective safety clothing is required including appropriate construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, goggles, pants, and shirt as required.
Activities include extended periods of standing and extensive work with electrician’s tools, measuring devices, and motorized or air-powered tools.
30 years experience in residential and commercial installations and service. No job too big or small, we do it all.
We install all types of electrical products from the simple light fixture to whole house generators. We have a company slogan which is "it's not what we do but how we do it" which means we will go out of our way for great customer service and to insure repeat customers.
Master Generator and Electrical
Why Work Here?Established in 2010. 30 years experience in residential and commercial installations and service. No job too big or small, we do it all. We install all types of electrical products from the simple light fixture to whole house generators. We have a company slogan which is "it's not what we do but how we do it" which means we will go out of our way for great customer service and to insure repeat customers.
Locally owned, growing company.