Pizza Hut - BOH Team Member
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role and Responsibilities
· Assists Cooks and Managers with a variety of tasks including but not limited to, station set-up, washing, portioning, boning, slicing, dicing meats and vegetables, and sandwich/salad/side production following the Brands specifications in a timely manner while maintaining the safety, sanitation and security of the kitchen and equipment. Works in assigned restaurant location as determined by management.
- Prepares ingredients for cooking, including portioning, washing, chopping, and storing according to MCA and Brand specifications and restaurant directions
- Follows recipes to ensure consistency and quality standards
- Follows prep par lists and prioritizes production to avoid product run outs
- Receives, labels, dates, rotates, and refrigerates all products to ensue freshness and control waste
- Discards and tracks all expired product on approved waste sheet
- Cleans and maintains prep area (utensils, prep table, prep sinks, equipment, floors, walls, and any back of the house area, etc.)
- Washes, peels, cuts, slices, dices, and portions specific food and menu items in accordance with established par levels
- Produces mass amounts of foods to be packaged, dated, and labeled for retail sale in market areas (Sandwiches, wraps, salads, sides, snack boxes, yogurts, etc.)
- Check and ensure correctness of the temperatures of appliances and food and maintain required logs
- Notify a manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Communicates any product run outs, equipment issues, and quality and service issues to the MOD and chef immediately
- Completes prep list in accordance with specifications
- Completes assigned tasks according to specifications and preset time limits
- Aid in moving and installation of beer, wine, and cocktail kegs
- Complete safety training and certifications
- Follows all company safety, sanitation and security policies and procedures
- Properly uses personal protective equipment
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions to a MOD immediately
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Maintain and care for company equipment according to instruction and manufacturer requirements
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards, when applicable, and assists guests as needed
- Communicate with others using clear, respectful, and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of customer satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Clean, sanitize, and organize all kitchen areas, walk-in coolers, reach-ins, and all storage areas according to MCA and Brand specifications
- Assists other crewmembers as needed; is aware of and alerts other crewmembers of customers’ needs
- Maintains knowledge of airport, terminal, and restaurants; offers information, recommendations, MCA and Brand history, etc.
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance and adheres to all uniform and appearance guidelines
- Sweeps and mops as needed
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the chef or MOD at any time
Demonstrated pleasant attitude and energy
- Professional demeanor, appearance, and communication skills in accordance with restaurant guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Prior prep or production experience in a similar concept or restaurant preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and certification within 90 days for all required local, state, and federal health, safety, and sanitation laws
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, dish machine, etc.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Adherence to MCA and Airport Knife Handling Policy
- Ability to stand and exert fast paced mobility for entire shift
- Ability to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Effective and professional oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn food and beverage knowledge and participate in training as required
- Ability to read menu offerings, work procedures, recipes, safety procedures, and operating directions
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean production area
- Knowledge and adherence to MCA policies and procedures
· Knowledge and adherence to all airport rules and regulations
· Commitment to service of customers, staff, co-workers, and management
· High integrity and honesty, Work Ethic, passion, and commitment
· Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
· Follow through and dependability
· Knowledge and commitment to safety and food sanitation
Throughout the past 25 years, our seasoned executive management team acquired an extensive understanding of the airport industry trends, expectations, as well the current and future evolution of the travel experience. The team has over 200 years of combined experience in North America and abroad, both as founding owner-operators, specialty retailers, and developers of all types of food and beverage services in the restaurant industry, including celebrity chefs, franchised and proprietary restaurant brands, Quick Service Restaurants (“QSR”), Fast Casual, Polished Casual Dining, Full-Service Bars, and Fine Dining.
We define the airport as an extension of the traveler’s destination, which has inspired us to provide a unique, creative, and engaging translation of local products and brands from artisan markets and high-end retail crafts, partners, chefs, as well as a balance of national brands. Now with over 250 units in 23 airports across the US and Panama, we also have the responsibility of adding value to the social, economic, and environmental fibers of those communities.
We have been able to build strong relationships across the airport industry, as well as the culinary world. In addition, our reputation for consistency in development, commitment to operations, innovation, and a stellar record for delivering exactly what we promise in a timely manner, has vaulted us to the forefront of the airport concessions industry.
We take great pride in delivering fresh new vibrant experiences to the airport traveler.
Master Concessionair, LLC
1 Saarinen Cir. DullesDulles, VA
Get fresh Pizza Hut Team Member jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.