Software Systems Engineer I
- Posted: over a month ago
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Software Systems Engineer I for our client in the Engineering domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Role: Software Systems Engineer I
Primary Skills: Human Capital Management (HCM)
Role Description: The Software Systems Engineer I must have at least 2+ years of experience. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day baseline changes of the program, including communication, and coordination with various cross-functional teams.
As the System Integration Engineer, you must have current hands-on working knowledge of Oracle HCM technologies, to include implementation experience within an Agile framework and will need to be able to implement best practices with both internal and external stakeholders.
You must also have a background of successfully collaborating with customers and customer stakeholders for DoD agencies. You must be capable of building a collaborative and innovative culture in an effort to provide customers with the best possible solutions that meet their strategic goals.
This position will also be expected to collaborate closely with functional organizations (Planning & Engineering, SW Development, Application Support, Operations, and Cybersecurity) goals and objectives.
- Prepare and review the Environment and Release Management Plan
- Perform daily baseline and configuration management duties to include:
o Identification of Changes in Environments
o Promoting baseline changes through various development, test, and production environments
o Performing Audits and Communicating Results
o Participating in the daily scrum meetings with the Scrum Delivery Teams
- Lead daily promotion meetings with the technical staff (development, configuration management, test and operations) to coordinate discrepancies detected and workarounds to ensure the correct configuration is promoted on-time.
- Support the Integration, Deployment Manager with the migration and deployment of legacy system to the cloud.
- Ensure critical processes are in place, communicated and trained to increase cross-team efficiencies and implement any process improvements.
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with customers while developing a deep understanding of their priorities
- Identify risks, resolve problems and verify effectiveness of corrective actions
- Support DevSecOps Engineering efforts
- Support the growth, performance and junior level staff members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science technical related degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as display strong problem-solving skills with experience in using diagnostic tools
- 1+ years of experience using Atlassian Software and Service Desk
- 1+ years of experience using Rookery Software ConfigSnapshot for Cloud
- Experience using web-based applications using a number of desktop and mobile browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Security+ within 6 months of being hired
- Certifications in Agile, ITIL and Oracle
- Ability to develop using Python, C++, Java and SQL
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 2+ years of experience
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Suyash Singh
Recruiter Phone: 804-597-0420
Equal Employment Opportunity
AddressSan Antonio, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Mastech