Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a SDET, Audio for our client in the Software Technologies domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (possible extension)
Location: Plantation, FL
Role: SDET, Audio
Primary Skills: C++
Role Description: The SDET, Audio would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. As the Software Developer in Test, you will be responsible for audio test development and validation of the Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world.
You will focus on the end-to-end audio signal flow across the device that include the verification of the audio algorithms and assets used in our platform.
- Work with the development, program management, and test teams to define, develop, and execute tests that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the services and components that make up the end-to-end audio signal flow across our device
- Evaluate results from subjective testing in different environments and situations to verify that audio has improved, degraded, or has stayed the same.
- Analyze various components of the Client systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues. This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish this testing or to assist with our test automation
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 4+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications is preferred with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on the development or test of technologies associated with audio.
- Excellent working knowledge of audio and acoustics
- Experience with tools that include: Git, Gerrit, Audio test frameworks, Listen Soundcheck Systems, and Head Acoustics Acqua Systems
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, C, C++, or Python
- Knowledgeable on test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Knowledgeable on specialize audio, speech recognition, Wake-on-voice, Acoustic echo cancellation, acoustic beamforming, and audio routing within android is a plus
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Ramneet Nayyar
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2026)
Equal Employment Opportunity