Oracle System Architect/Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking an Oracle System Architect/Developer for our client in the Engineering domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract to Hire position, and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract to Hire
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
Role: Oracle System Architect/Developer
Primary Skills: Apex
Role Description: The Oracle System Architect/Developer must have at least 8+ years of experience.
- Work at the direction of the program manager to support the full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, primarily using the Oracle APEX toolset as well as legacy custom Oracle Applications, primarily using the Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Implement best practices and standards for coding, security and database design with senior-level expertise and assist to provide governance to other developers to use those standards.
- Provide senior-level expertise insight into assigned applications including the data model, security model and business requirements.
- Perform advanced use of Oracle APEX 4.0 and above.
- Perform work with Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer.
- Create dynamic reports within the Oracle APEX environment.
- Provide support in the advanced use of Oracle Database products version 11 and above.
- Provide support for Oracle database objects – tables, indexes, directories, sequences, triggers, etc.
- Provide support with PL/SQL, Java, Windows PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting with familiarity with built-in PLSQL packages and procedures.
- Provide support with storage, efficient retrieval, and manipulation of unstructured data (BLOBs, CLOBs, JSON, XMLType) in an Oracle environment.
- Integrate and manage BI Publisher templates and web Services.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with secure network programming in an Oracle environment; use of security certificates, HTTPS callouts, etc.
- Successfully deliver enterprise level workflow centric applications.
- Build logical functions and algorithms to automate complex business processes
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for Oracle APEX:
- Understand each new release and its impact on the Oracle APEX platform
- Manage testing of new versions and identifying issues and risks
- Implementing the upgrade and troubleshooting all issues throughout the entire Oracle stack
- Manage testing of all new versions of Java to identify issues quickly and effectively with the Oracle stack and helping the Service Desk with expert level Java issues.
- Troubleshooting all services that interact with the development infrastructure, (Java, O365, Document management, 3rd party tools, etc.) and help the solutions delivery team resolve issues related to these items.
- Successfully leading the migration of a full version release of Oracle APEX within a customer’s environment.
- Perform work as a developer with Oracle Forms and Reports version 10G or higher
- Perform work with Oracle Designer and Oracle Headstart for Designer
- Creation and consuming RSS Feeds, SOAP and -=EST web services, JSON and XML data in an Oracle environment.
- Integrate Oracle applications and code with 3rd Party applications through API’s or direct connections
- Integration with Active Directory for user account and distribution group manipulation using LDAP
- Integration with Exchange Server for email delivery and email reading using JavaMail API
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience.
- A High School Diploma with additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered.
- At least 65% of Oracle Apex skillset and hands-on experience.
- Experience with full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, including the Oracle APEX toolset.
- Experience with use of Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 8+ years of experience
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Anshuman Garg
Recruiter Phone: 586-413-9606
Equal Employment Opportunity
TechnologyView all jobs at Mastech