Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our client in the Health Technology domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position, and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Newark, DE/Danbury, CT (Onsite)
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Role Description: The Manufacturing Engineer must have at least 5+ years of experience.
- MUST HAVE Medical Device experience –will be a NO GO, unless they have that.
- Need to hit the ground running.
- 7 years of experience is not a hard line in the sand. If a good fit, flexible on the experience. Close to 7 years is ideal, but the manager is open to less.
- 25% travel between the Danbury and Newark Travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Virtual interview followed by onsite interview.
- Support the transfer of the current manufacturing lines in Danbury, CT to Newark, DE facility. This includes both duplication and transfer of manufacturing equipment.
- Create and execute validation plans, including IQ, OQ, and PQs.
- Detect, conceptualize, and execute improvement opportunities using a series of Lean and related tools and methodologies.
- Distill complex technical situations into meaningful summaries that are digestible by various stakeholders.
- Lead troubleshooting exercises to quickly get to solutions.
- Create and revise essential documents such as process flowcharts, PFMEA, and Process Control plans.
- Practice LEAN techniques and be able to facilitate lean kaizens.
- Work effectively with other functions such as Procurement, Design Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, and Field Service in completion of duties and communication of relevant information.
- Actively supports and adheres to the Quality Policy and Quality System procedures.
- Travel will be required at times, up to 25%, to our Danbury, CT facility.
- Medical device industry experience is a MUST.
- Experience with manufacturing line transfers is highly desired.
- Extensive validation experience, including employment of sound statistical approach and authorship of solid protocols and or reports.
- Advanced inter-personal skills, communication and emotional awareness is key to be successful in this role.
- Quick learner, driven and not afraid to experiment.
- Ability to manage projects and lead and coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles required 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, SMED, GEMBA mindset, KPI development and management.
- Good understanding of product lifecycle management PLM applications such as AGILE and ERP systems such as ORACLE, SAP or BAAN. ORACLE is preferred.
- Experience with computer-aided design software required, Solid works preferred.
- B.S. Engineering preferably in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- 7 or more years’ experience in Manufacturing and or Manufacturing Engineering with working knowledge of electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Manager flexible on number of years’ experience. Prefer close to 7 years.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of experience
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis (No C2C)
Recruiter Name: Srinivas Rao
Recruiter Phone: 412-684-6336
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mastech DigitalNewark, DE
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.