Warehouse Worker ($500 sign-on bonus!)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At MasTec, we believe our greatest asset is our people, and we're continually looking to recruit others who reflect the professionalism, expertise, innovation, and commitment to the quality that defines our culture. With more than 300 offices throughout the United States and Canada, MasTec employees have the flexibility to work in a variety of locations. We hire and retain managers, supervisors, foremen, equipment operators, and workers who work well as part of a team, but show initiative and drive as individuals as well.
Safety isn't just a priority - it's a core value. Safety is a mindset and an attitude that all MasTec employees carry with them daily. As a member of the NCCR, National Safety Council, OSHA Electrical Transmission & Distribution Safety Partnership, and numerous other safety organizations and safety auditing programs, MasTec is committed to continuous improvement in safety with a common goal of zero injuries.
We’re currently looking for a Warehouse Coordinator with logistics experience. Ideal candidates will have previous experience in warehouse operations and software, previous experience in scheduling, and be someone who enjoys problem-solving.
Essential job duties:
- Installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, by using appropriate hand tools.
- Ensures proper materials are loaded using pallets, trays, racks, and shelves when needed.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to the designed area using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other devices. May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Ensures all identifying tags or labels are properly attached to materials or all identifying marks are properly used to identify information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Will properly maintain records as required by management in the appropriate warehouse information system.
- Receives incoming inventory & Supply items, logs into company warehouse system, and stocks inventory in the proper location.
- Read work orders, shipping order, or follows verbal instructions
- Fills customer invoices. Checks part numbers, cleans and packs inventory items.
- Inspects inventory for defects, scratches, or other damage.
- Notifies Warehouse Manager of problems.
- Follows all company safety and accident procedures while on company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Tracks all inventory in the appropriate system
- Organizes and cleans warehouse space and company equipment as needed.
- Reports any customer problems or concerns immediately.
- Coaches fellow associates on warehouse operational practices and procedures, equipment operation, and safety procedures when needed.
- Enforces policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, and safe warehouse operations.
- Evaluates current processes and procedures and recommend changes to warehouse management.
- Contributes ideas on ways to reduce warehouse cost per unit and increase productivity.
- Maintains working knowledge of warehouse data systems and performs various tasks within the system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to inventory.
MasTec offers competitive compensation for professional, skilled and hourly employees. Qualified MasTec employees are covered by a variety of health insurance plans nationwide, with dental, health, vision care, short- and long-term disability, basic life, AD&D, and supplemental life and AD&D offerings.
We also provide a 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match, as well as a company stock purchase plan. Also, employee recognition and rewards, referral, and retention bonus.
About Mastec Network Solutions
MasTec Network Solutions specializes in turnkey services. We have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer demands, including completing 200,000+ wireless and wire line projects. This unique ability has evolved MasTec Network Solutions to a global company since our inception. As a wholly owned subsidiary of MasTec (NYSE:MTZ) we are a financially strong, minority controlled public company and a leading specialty contractor for communications, utilities and governments. Our services and solutions upgrade the infrastructure that is the backbone of the world's economy. Consequently, we have proven results with large and complex projects, obtaining management and resources that possess keen understanding of wireless network builds and operation. MasTec Network Solutions has engaged in tens of thousands of telecommunications projects. We have the size and ability to immediately provide superior geographic coverage. Our team is comprised of experts in all facets to ensure your business is a success. Our current business relationships afford us a global end to end scope of services for the telecommunications industry. We highly value our strategic partner position with our customers around the world.
Mastec Network Solutions
1351 E. Irving Park Road ItascaItasca, IL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Mastec Network Solutions
Get fresh Full Time Warehouse Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.