Field Service Engineer - (Small Cell)
Mastec Network Solutions Detroit, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires surveying, installing, & commissioning In-building systems for all WSP’s & Enterprise customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Perform Structural Site Survey at customer location and provide report to Engineering Group
· Assist with RF Benchmarking and troubleshooting Test Kit for proper setup
· Facilitate & Perform DAS Commissioning & Integration activities across multiple WSP’s.
· Daily Reporting to Management in the market you serve.(CM/PM/& Ops Manager)
· Receive assignments and deploy to cell site locations to install, cellular, small cell, WiFi and DAS equipment.
· Proficiency & Installation of all Indoor Small Cell Products
· Proficiency & Installation of all Nokia OEM Radio Equipment
· Proficiency & Installation of all Ericcson OEM Radio Equipment
· Proficiency & Installation of all DAS OEM Manufacturers Equipment
· Install, connectorize and test all sizing of coaxial cable.
· Install, connectorize and test CAT 6 ethernet cable.
· Install and commission DC power plants.
· Responsible to pick-up cellular, DAS, WiFi and small cell equipment from customer or company warehouse location and care for, scan and report on equipment disposition.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Training
· Technical School or Associates Degree in Engineering or Electronics preferred. High School Diploma and equivalent with related experience considered.
· BISCI Credits
· Nokia/Ericcson Certifications
· DAS Manufacturer Certifications (Commscope, JMA, ADRF, SOLID)
· Small Cell Certifications (ALU 9962, Ericcson DOT, Spidercloud)
Skills and Experience
· Prior field experience in a technical field; mobility DAS, WiFi and small cell networks preferred.
· Knowledgeable in cabling (RF, Electrical, DC Power, CAT5/6, T1 Copper, Fiber)
· Former Military with technical experience with honorable discharge welcome.
· Ability to represent company with professionalism.
· Ability to work within maintenance Window hours (midnight to 6 am) or daytime as scheduled based on project scope and adheres reliably to schedule.
· Ability to travel throughout the US.
· Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather throughout the year.
· Ability to use technical skills to work independently and within a team and execute responsibilities as well as solve problems.
· Ability to utilize and care for company vehicle and test equipment.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb a 12 ft. ladder.
· Computer and MS Office Proficient.
· Valid driver’s license.
· OSHA 10/30 certified.
· Scissor lift certified.
· First aid, CPR, AED trained.
Mastec Network SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Large Fortune 500 Company! Excellent Benefits! Competitive Pay. Paid Time Off, Career Progression, 401K match up to 4%
MasTec Network Solutions provides turn-key installation services to the wireless industry in designing, supplying, and supporting technology solutions for the commercial and government verticals. MasTec Network Solutions provides a full suite of Site Acquisition and Construction services nationwide. From green field construction to site modification & maintenance services for traditional tower and rooftop installations, stealth sites, indoor & outdoor DAS systems, smart wireless LAN systems and small cells MasTec Network Solutions has the team of professionals that can deliver the project on time and on budget. MasTec Network Solutions prides themselves in their professional project management services, telecommunication infrastructure development services and their rapid deployment disaster recovery teams. MasTec Network Solutions is fully qualified and staffed to handle upgrades and maintenance on HVAC, generators, power plants and batteries. MasTec Network Solutions has performed tens of thousands of site & shelter inventories, site inspections and tower mappings. The company's solutions also include a logistics management solution that is a Web-based portal that enables tracking and reporting of equipment in a warehouse/staging center environments. MasTec Network Solutions is based in Coral Gables, FL and has provided services from San Juan, PR to Seattle, WA and from San Diego, CA to New England.