Quality Assurance Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) is the largest fully integrated coffee company in the US delivering innovative solutions for the home, office, and foodservice with a long tradition of exceptional quality. Parent company, Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, is a world leader in the production of roasted coffee and other products such as professional espresso machines and office coffee brewers. The Group is comprised of fifty companies and manages different activities from the procurement of coffee to its consumption, and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Its flagship brand Segafredo Zanetti® is known globally and includes a global network of over 300 espresso cafés.
This is an excellent opportunity for a college student with a concentration in food science, biology, or chemistry to work on a part-time basis and set own hours while gaining significant experience in the food science / QA fields.
The person in this role will conduct routine analysis of the production of coffee products to ensure specification guidelines are met. This includes record-keeping of all data and maintaining calibration of equipment. You will also interact with manufacturing in relation to product holds, pull line samples for private label runs, assist with customer inquiries and complaints, and maintain a variety of quality documents.
- Perform calibrations for product compliance with regards to color, moisture, grinds, and weights
- Maintain and repair standard testing equipment
- Prepare cuppings and analyze results
- Maintain retention records and samples; handle rotations of in and out-of production locations
- Record data and test results of production and processing samples
- Interface with production personnel for a variety of quality-related projects, including holds, pulling test samples, gathering data
- Administer all points of product specifications as assigned
- Perform other duties and special quality-related projects as needed
- Forklift certification a plus
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Some technical and college courses related to food science, biology, or chemistry required
- Associate Degree or minimum of four years of experience as a Level II Inspector in a food, chemical, or agricultural manufacturing facility required (unless this is for an internship or college work program)
- Previous sensory and taste skills required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines required
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office and ability to use / learn Quality software packages; competencies in Excel a must
- Ability to work independently as well as maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both inside and outside the company) needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.
Food Safety Requirements and Responsibilities:
Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e., HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.)
Must be willing and able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
This is a description of the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires ongoing training in accordance with the attached Job Training Matrix.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
TechnologyView all jobs at Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA