EHS & Training Specialist Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) is the largest fully integrated coffee company in the US delivering innovative solutions for the home, office, and foodservice with a long tradition of exceptional quality. Parent company, Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, is a world leader in the production of roasted coffee and other products such as professional espresso machines and office coffee brewers. The Group is comprised of fifty companies and manages different activities from the procurement of coffee to its consumption, and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Its flagship brand Segafredo Zanetti® is known globally and includes a global network of over 300 espresso cafés.
Support MZB-USA Environmental Health & Safety programs, including training, development, coordination, delivery, and reporting. Must be a subject matter expert in the areas of EHS and OSHA General Industry Standard practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health/safety, training, or related discipline
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry Standard
- Possesses or has ability to attain OSHA General Industry 30-Hour, First Aid/AED/CPR/BBP with instructor certification preferred
- Prior experience with LMS for administration, content development, and course delivery
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders on application of the OSHA General Industry Standard as it applies to MZB-USA operations and facilities
- Provide EHS-related training, including topic-specific subjects (i.e., PIT, LOTO, Permit Confined Space, etc.), as well as deliver presentations and key information related to EHS to new employees during orientations
- Provide direction and collaborate with functional departments on training needs, content, and understand basic operational concepts related to training material development
- Maintain MZB-USA’s learning management system (LMS) and associated training records including progress to assigned training plans
- Assist departments in the development of specific and technical training materials
- Maintain a regular and visible presence in manufacturing areas to support and promote MZB-USA’s commitment to safety
- Maintain site chemical inventory and safety data sheet (SDS) data bases
- Assist with the administration of special programs such as LOTO, PIT, EAP, Hearing Conservation, New Hires, Hot Work, First Aid/AED/CPR/BBP
- Prepare items related to environmental and regulatory reporting, audit, and inspection requests/requirements
- Support and participate in workplace audits, inspections, drills, etc.
- Support OSHA injury and illness recordkeeping efforts, including accident investigation
- Participate in cross-functional activities and projects with both Corporate Engineering and individual MZB-USA sites
- Travel to other sites for EHS and training-related activities as needed
- Support MZB-USA’s workers’ compensation and risk management programs
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Food Safety Requirements and Responsibilities: Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e., HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.).
Physical Demands: Must be willing and able to frequently lift 25 lbs., work in a non-climate-controlled environment, and able to climb stairs and ladders, and maneuver around equipment in industrial settings.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.
General Statement: This is a description of the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires ongoing training in accordance with the attached job training matrix.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA