Licensed Massage Therapist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Seeking Full or Part-Time Licensed Massage Therapist
We are an extremely busy, upscale clinic located in the beautiful Stony Creek Promenade. With great neighbors like Mariano's and Coopers Hawk Winery, our center stands out and we draw a tremendous amount of traffic. We are seeking ONE massage therapist to join our team. We offer a range of benefits for our employees including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K and Aflac.
- FLEXIBLE hours and scheduling - you tell us what shift lengths and breaks work for you
- Automatic pay raises every 500 service hours
- Starting wage up to $20/hour, depending on experience
- A cancellation policy where we pay our therapists for customer no-shows and late cancels!
- Group healthcare for full-time employees (we pay 50% of individual premium)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Aflac and 401k plan
- In-house training and access to free/low-cost CEU courses!
- A variety of therapeutic massage services
- Well-stocked treatment rooms including hydraulic/electric tables
- Employee fringe benefits include massages, facials and retail products at substantially reduced prices.
Compensation: Base hourly + tips + bonuses + benefits (full time)
Send resume if interested!
As a massage therapist at this Massage Envy franchised location,* essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Massage EnvyWhy Work Here?
Flexible work schedules, hydraulic tables, all marketing, uniforms, supplies provided, safety protocols in place.
Clinic atmosphere with membership models in place to encourage regular massage therapy.
AddressOak Lawn, IL
HealthcareView all jobs at Massage Envy