The MWRA Environmental Quality Department is seeking an intern to provide technical support toMWRA'senvironmentalmonitoring projects and/or environmental compliance reporting. Works under the supervision of a Program Manager.
- Review and prepare harbor and beach water quality data for MWRA's website and printed reports as well as entry into MWRA's Oracle database.
- Assist department data management staff with some or all of the following tasks:
- Oracle database administration
- Microsoft Access application development and testing
- Statistical analysis
- Data reduction and/or presentation
- Testing and evaluation of data reporting applications.
- Assist in updating water quality factsheets on MWRA's website.
- Assist in review and entry of harbor and beach monitoring data.
- Graphical analysis of water quality data.
- Collect, review, analyze, and summarize information about wastewater treatment related issues using literature searches, library research, and other information.
- Assist with QA/QC of historical receiving water and wastewater quality data to prepare it for analysis of long-term trends.
- Assist with preparation of reports on wastewater quality and their submission to state and federal regulators.
- At least three years of college in an accredited degree program in science, environmental science, or public health or in chemical, environmental, or civil engineering.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program or a very recent graduate. If a recent graduate, graduation within six months of internship start (typically May or June).
- Scholastic or practical experience with data management, scientific data analysis, treatment plant operations, analytical laboratory practices, and/or field measurements preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with at least one scientific analysis package or programming language (Python, R, Matlab) is required; capability in more than one is preferred.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle and/or MS Access) strongly preferred.
- Some familiarity with statistics and/or GIS preferred.
- Experience with web development preferred.
- Good communication skills required.
How to Apply:
Apply online atwww.mwra.com.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro