Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description
We are looking for an experienced data architect who can map business requirements to scalable, extensible and accessible database design as part of our Cloud based data & analytics platform.
The data architect is an engineering role within the data management and architecture team of the CFO organization and is responsible for designing & deploying the underlying database structures. The data architect must bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in Cloud (modern & full stack) technology, and should possess hands-on expertise in distributed-data-management technologies (Apache/open-source). The data architect's primary responsibility is to create a cohesive, logical and physical data model that is extensible and scalable and that covers all of Corporate Finance data.
- Own the conceptual, logical and physical data model across all of CFO finance data
- Ensure the physical data model meets all the business requirements in supporting dashboards and reports and ad hoc analytics
- Ensure the physical data model is tuned for optimal performance throughput with respect to the underlying DBMS - preferably Vertica
- Ensure the integrity of the underlying data is maintained in terms of primary-keys, foreign-keys and unique-indices etc.
- Ensure appropriate best-practices database design for master data management & conforming dimensional data (Type 1,2,3,4) management
- Collaborate in delivering data-driven analytical solutions & timely insights via dashboards and reports to the CFO leadership team
- Publish domain specific data models across the user community
- Be a trusted database advisor for the CFO user community
- Collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize business use-cases and estimating duration and effort
- Follow agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
- Follow CICD (continuous-integration and deployment) pipeline to ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production environments
- Conduct periodic data model reviews covering data architecture, data load patterns and design
- Publish and communicate standards and technology evaluations
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in data-engineering and database design
- Hands-on experience in Cloud technology - AWS EMR, Spark, Python, Vertica preferred
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 7 years with SQL
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Deep proficiency in data modeling and data management principles - traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Prior experience in modeling Corporate Finance or Insurance data sets preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.