Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description
Working independently, incumbents maintain and enhance relationships with existing DC/DB clients. Ensure client satisfaction through periodic client meetings and discussions covering service levels, plan utilization, product offerings, and fund investment performance. Work closely with sales, plan administration, and operations staff. Participate in finals presentations. Incumbents have a thorough understanding of clients' requirements. While incumbents have overall responsibility for client relationships, day-to-day service and administrative issues are handled by plan administration staff.
Incumbents have very strong communications skills and comprehensive knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Individual typically has at least 8-10 years of related experience
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Commits to managing all business and personal interactions with honesty, integrity, and the highest ethical standards
- Builds strategic partnership with the client
- Seeks out and defines the needs and wants of internal and external customers
- Develops and manages strategic plan around client goals and objectives and leads overall strategic focus of the client team
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and seeks alternative way of achieving goals if necessary
- Demonstrates forward thinking; looks ahead, anticipates problems, and considers future impact of current actions
- Consistently produces results on time; hits goals-all while adhering to the highest standards of honesty, fairness, and
- Raises resources for team inside and outside of WPS in support of client
- Negotiates effectively with the client to maximize relationship profitability and ensure compliance with MMRS best practice,
Goals and Objectives
- Understands business economics/pricing and impact on client
- Makes decisions based on sound financial principles and knows when to engage others in decision making (e.g. manager, peers, customers)
- Seeks out and considers all relevant information (e.g. technical/functional, financial, organizational, customers, competitors) when analyzing problems
- Customizes interactions to fit client business, culture and need
- Demonstrates an understanding of WPS product and service capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Territory: DC Area
- High School Diploma
- 8+ years of retirement services experience
- For this position, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or obtain within a designated period of time from start date
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Professional designations, such as ASPA or CEBS preferred
- Working knowledge of ERISA, current compliance and regulatory item
- Knowledge of plan documents and investment contracts
- Strong plan design skills
- Basic understanding of the insurance market
- Current knowledge of the retirement plan industry, competitors, products and services
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Effective Influence, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Superior analytical and complex decision-making skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint literate
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.