The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the patients and physicians of Massachusetts. We offer online CME courses and live events that award continuing medical education credits. The Society, under the auspices of NEJM Group, publishes the New England Journal of Medicine, a leading global medical journal and web site, and NEJM Journal Watch alerts and publications covering 12 specialties.
We are currently seeking a Sales Coordinator to work in our Waltham, MA office.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Advertising Solutions team, the US Sales Directors, and other stakeholders, both internal and external. This position is responsible for Client Services, Operational, and Administrative work, in a support role for US Pharmaceutical Advertising Sales.
This position will act as support for the Advertising Solutions Department, functioning as the Client Services liaison, and working collaboratively with the US Sales Directors. Responsibilities include using current software systems for US Sales reports, and other informational reports for tracking and analysis to ensure all information disseminated from Advertising Solutions, is accurate, and timely.
As Client Services liaison, duties include both operational and administration functionality, executing client quotes, proposals, and assisting with client problem resolution. Coordinates and acts as a team member on special projects, and responsible for handling sales requests, such as updates to the complimentary and promotional databases, and mailing out collateral materials.
1. Responsible for monitoring and tracking all accounts qualifying for US ad sales discount programs to ensure proper allocation of free/discounted ads to advertisers. Works closely with Director of Ad Production to ensure accurate internal implementation of programs from sales to finance. Provides customer service to program participants by helping them optimize their discount plans. Works closely with Manager, Client Services and Ad Operations and Director of Ad Production to ensure successful implementation of all programs.
2. Creates and manages frequency program reports for Manager, Client Services & Ad Operations, Director of Ad Production and US Sales Directors to ensure timely execution of frequency rates for clients, including annual reconciliation. Makes recommendations that impact sales. Assists Manager, Client Services & Ad Operations, with corporate discount program reconciliations.
3. Responsible for monthly US sales reports for US Sales Directors, Manager, Client Services and Ad Operations, Director, Client Services & Operations, and Director, Advertising Solutions. Assists Sales Staff with data searches for a variety of sales reports.
4. Provides assistance for information requests, to all US advertisers and prospective clients regarding ad rate quotes and placements, etc. Triages special quotes for print list matches from ad agencies and personally handles all inbound lists to ensure proper execution among Ad Sales, Ad Production and IT Operations.
5. Using syndicated research, provides Manager, Client Services & Ad Operations, Director, Client Services & Operations, Director, Advertising Solutions, and US Sales Directors with print competitive analysis to inform pricing strategies and assists with other pricing collateral material as needed.
6. Functions as the liaison between Ad Production and Client Services to coordinate efforts between clients, Sales Directors, and production department. Ensures client request fulfillment, including mailing appropriate demo issues.
7. On request, acts as back-up to Sales Directors in managing small accounts with quotes and proposals, education, and follow-up
8. Act as additional point of contact for RFP, Proposal, and Quote coordination among Ad Production, Online Ad Ops and US Sales Directors to ensure timely delivery of client requests, including PPTs. Create client schedules for optimization of budgets and discount programs.
9. Responsible for maintaining the complimentary and promotional databases to ensure accuracy. Acts as backup to Ad Production for checking-copy database assistance.
10. Creates and manages reports for annual pricing evaluations, along with collateral material for media kits, PDF one sheets, and PPTs, working with Marketing Specialist.
11. Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's or equivalent and 2-3 years' client and advertising customer service experience required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently in a multi-project, fast paced sales environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be customer focused with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft office areas, especially Excel, Pivot Tables, and relational databases.
Our generous benefits offerings include: 2 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, an onsite back-up childcare center, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 6 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled