A special mission college within the Massachusetts State University system
Advancement Services & Special Events
This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented individual to join one of the fastest-growing college campuses in the Commonwealth. The successful candidate will be highly-organized, have significant experience with the Blackbaud fundraising software platform, have exemplary written and verbal communication skills and be able to work multiple campus constituencies to meet goals.
The primary role of this position is to support the fundraising operations in a fast-paced nine-person Advancement Office and to take the lead on creating effective alumni engagement events.
Posting: January 2020
Position Number: FY20-13
Application Deadline: 14 February 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Division: Advancement/External Affairs
Union affiliation: Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision received: Reports to the Assistant Dean of Advancement
Supervision exercised: Supervises subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in area of expertise
· Oversee processing, acknowledging and reporting of all donations to the Academy
· Monitor all external giving interfaces (CampusCall, everydayhero, etc) and import gifts from these vehicles into Raiser’s Edge
· Oversee data integrity using various sources (AlumniFinder, Mailing house returns, etc) to update constituent information and create processes to monitor data entry Advancement staff
· Serve as campus-wide administrator of Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge
· Assist in planning and managing all aspects of large events; lead in planning small campus events in addition to engaging alumni
Qualifications and requirements: Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in database management or support services in a fundraising environment. Significant experience with Raiser’s Edge records, reports, queries; event planning experience; solid verbal and written communication skills
• experience in an annual giving role in higher education
Salary: $52,000 to $60,000. The Academy offers generous benefits policies and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is exempt under FLSA. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this time.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.