Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.Description
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We are people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we are strongerObjectives of the role
- The Architect will design, build, and measure complex Informatica MDM processes to master data for different Master Data domains in MassMutual.
- Work on a range of projects including batch pipelines, data modeling, and Master data solutions as part of a collaborative project team working to implement robust data collection and processing pipelines to meet specific business needs.
- Provide technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations. Maintain current and future state architecture.
- Provide conceptual and logical master data architecture design.
- Provide IT architecture direction to business areas.
- Actively participate in the development and deployment of MDM Solutions and other Information Management efforts at MassMutual.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 7+ years in enterprise, application and master data architecture design.
- Experience working in Agile development process and understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to clearly present to senior management with confidence.
- Be able to articulate the value of getting solutions built using established master data principles.
- MDM platform development experience in customer / party subject area.
- Demonstrated understandingof big data technologies.
- Experience working with event-based architecture.
- Experience designing cloud-based operational applications.
- Experience in data modeling within transactional and operational reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure disciplines.
- Expertise in tuning and debugging SQL and resolving application specific bottlenecks
- Experience facilitating meetings and providing presentations to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Data security frameworks
- Data quality frameworks
- Metadata management & data catalogs
- Data governance frameworks
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Ability to present solution designs to various stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience with Kafka
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience in data modeling and design in the insurance and financial industries
- Experience with cloud-based databases and data warehouses
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Good knowledge of data replication methodology
- Good knowledge of Data warehouse/Data Mart /Data Lake
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.