Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.Description
Our ideal candidate is motivated by enabling business innovation, agility and growth at scale; demonstrates vision, skill and sound judgement leading large-scale, technology programs; and contributes business acumen, vendor management, enterprise data governance, and DevOps delivery insights.
Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual's digital evolution. In this role you will be accountable to envision and establish an enterprise data strategy and sourcing service for critical data leveraged across business channels. You will create and maintain a strategic roadmap and delivery plan to stand up the capability; staff a team of researchers and data analysts; set internal SLAs for quality and availability; and exceed service expectations as you deliver fully-governed data and run this service like its own P/L. You will also be accountable to track team KPIs; coordinate intake and backlog management; support our agile initiatives; and ensure consistency of execution, quality and adherence to enterprise data governance.
Objectives of the role
- Partner with business leaders and data scientists across business channels to understand their Client and Product strategy in order to anticipate and meet their data needs.
- Develop strategic services roadmap and vendor strategy which is aligned with the product/service strategy to democratize and maximize the value of data and analytics across the enterprise.
- Develop preferred list of data vendors which have the right balance of product/service capabilities and reasonable cost
- Increase business agility by centrally procuring and staging fully-governed data and strategically managing the data portfolio.
- Help the business optimize their spend by analyzing and eliminating unnecessary demand, executing competitive sourcing analysis, and vetting and utilizing higher-value/lower-cost alternatives.
- Identify, initiate, and project manage initiatives to successful completion that significantly reduce the expense base
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain a Data Strategy and Sourcing Roadmap that holistically addresses high-priority, high-value data needs across the enterprise.
- Drive and monitor program execution, scope and resource management, risk management, and a robust, multi-audience communications program to ensure transparency, efficient decision making, and predictable delivery.
- Establish and track quantitative measures of progress, value and risks aligned with our data and AI strategic imperatives. Produce regular status reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate and partner across the enterprise with leaders in data science, data architecture, data engineering teams, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security.
- Stand up the capability; staff a team of researchers and data analysts; set internal SLAs for quality and availability; and exceed service expectations as you deliver fully-governed data and run this service like its own P/L
- Bachelor's degree, in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) highly preferred
- Extensive experience with technology product ownership, and a successful track record establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional service delivery programs.
- Strong project management experience with preference for practical agile tactics and methodologies.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Vendor management
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of data architectures, data modeling, business analytics, and DevOps software development life cycles/tool chains.
- Financial services knowledge, including core products, business processes and participants.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., and J.D.).
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise programs around data management and governance in highly regulated industries.
- Knowledge of methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus: financial industry regulations, GDPR, privacy impact assessments, statistical analysis, ML/AI development.
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.