Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description
The role of the Sales Consultant is to serve as the subject matter expert on life, annuity, disability, and long-term care (LADL) and MMLIS case consultation, creation, and execution of case designs to support increased sales for our members. The Sales Consultant fulfills the following important functions in Society 1851:
- Dedicated consultant to help our members focus on holistic sales strategies to help increase production, activity with prospects, and cross-selling opportunities with existing clients.
- Assist in designing cases and aid advisors throughout the sales process.
- Maintain current advanced case design library and look for opportunities to create new pieces for member use.
- Proficient in advanced sales concepts and competitor product offerings.
- Create pre-sale case designs and customized presentations.
- Analyze books of business to identify additional sales opportunities.
- Travel as required based on a set budget to help facilitate relationship growth and expand Society1851 member's practices.
- Provide data-driven, proactive outreach to help advisors increase sales.
- Train and assist Society 1851 Practice Management Consultants on how to pitch the consultant and materials available for use.
- Assist with other Society 1851, MassMutual, and MMLIS initiatives as required.
- May serve as a backup to Society 1851 Training and Marketing Consultant/Business Optimization Consultants as business needs require.
- Series 6 FINRA registration required.
- Five or more years in the financial services arena; at least three years in MassMutual. Broker-dealer and registered investment advisory experience a plus.
- Successful at delivering presentations/messaging that influences others, including top agents, executives, and collaborative business partners.
- Values diversity and appreciates and learns to operate successfully within the organization culture.
- Strong organizational savviness and ability to navigate complex organizational boundaries.
- Well organized "planner" who has a reputation for delivering high quality results on time.
- Exceptional customer service skills; routinely rewarded for being the "best of the best" when working with demanding customers.
- Proficient in MassMutual's illustration systems, advance sales support tools, and familiarity with competitor product offerings.
- Expertise in quickly establishing credibility and developing strong working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Superior communication skills; ability to interact, partner, and negotiate with all levels within USIG and MassMutual.
- Skilled at managing up and across a broad organization; consistent demonstration of leadership.
- Ability to operate independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- High-level ability to work with financial information.
- Strong background in life insurance, retirement planning, and MassMutual life products.
- Series 7 and 24 FINRA registration preferred.
- Professional designations such as ChFC, CFP, CIMA, or CFA preferred.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.