Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.Description
MassMutual Financial Advisors, National Sales
A successful Internal Wholesaler helps design various insurance policies by successfully answering incoming advisor questions and proactively starting sales conversations within assigned territory to increase sales through partnership with your external wholesaler.
Day to day, the Internal Wholesaler will:
- Provide pre and post-sale technical product support to advisors, agency staff, brokerage directors and brokers including information on product benefits, historical and current performance results, and procedural processes.
- Provide sales marketing materials and specific sales illustrations to support their territory and drive sales.
- Analyze competitor data and provide advisors with competitive information and positioning support.
- Provide training on product features in an effort to develop and grow sales in conjunction with their External Wholesaler partner and outlined in the business plans.
- Proactively partner with External Wholesaler partner and other business partners to develop/grow sales and achieve assigned goals. Develop effective business sales plans and determine actions to deliver them.
- Answer incoming Territory calls as well as ACD rollover calls in a timely accurate manner providing professional sales oriented detailed information to caller (product information, illustrations, forms and marketing materials) for producers and back office support personnel.
- Become proficient with and effectively utilize illustration tools, SalesForce and other identified systems/tools.
- Cross-train on all product lines: Disability/Long Term Care Insurance; Life Insurance and Annuities and use that knowledge to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of Sales for the advisor and other sales entities that do business with us informing them of ongoing products and communications.
- Work as a contributing team member to assist in achieving the sales goals of Sales and Distribution and provide backup to the other members of the team when needed.
- Work with supporting/processing areas/operations to address any issues that would impact the ability of a submitted case to be "reported" in a timely manner, respectful of procedures.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma and equivalent work experience.
- FINRA Series 6 (or ability to obtain within 3-6 months)
- 1+ years of sales support or direct selling experience (with quotas)
- 1+ year experience in the Financial Services/ Insurance Industry where you can demonstrate a clear understanding of the marketplace that applies to the products being sold.
Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.