Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.Description
At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Engineering team, part of MassMutual's Enterprise Technology Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who aremotivated tocreate innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual - and the industry - forward.
To continueourcutting-edge work, we are hiring a Director of Data Management & Delivery Operations to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our idealDirector of Data Management has advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure disciplines. You'll use your skills to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual solutions for our data management practice. You will lead a team of experienced individuals and direct on-shore & off-shore resources. You're capable of working independently and communicating effectively to provide feedback on policies, procedures, processes, and standards. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using old and new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Engineering team at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
- Provide technical leadership on maintaining and developing our Cloud EDW operational processes including project management, team communications, documentation standards.
- Provide a process for customer engagement with the DM&D organization.
- Provide a process to prioritize work and allocate resources to meet customer demand.
- Provide technical leadership in our Guild Process to oversee our future state EDW.
- Provide technical & resource management leadership to front line staff under your preview.
- Maintain a good relationship with internal & external customers of our services.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Work with our Agile Guild Process to contribute to our future while engaging our staff
- Works with our business partners to provide feedback and understand their future project needs.
- Tend to your staffs needs to facilitate their ability to grow in their careers and contribute at a higher level to MassMutual's goals.
- Help resolve issues and concerns with our Technology Platforms & Processes.
- Work with our consumers and make sure that we tend to them being able to deliver value to MassMutual
- Have a good understanding of what part we play in the success of MassMutual and keep it from and center with staff & consumers.
- Have the ability to work side by side with staff to resolve issues and deliver on our promises.
- Review Technical designs from team members and provide guidance on delivery of projects.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 10+ years experiences with Information Management Systems Like Teradata, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatic MDM, Messaging Technology, SDLC in the data management space.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure disciplines.
- 5+ year's experience Leading Teams of Staff & contractors to deliver on successful projects in the information management space.
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse, data mart, and data lake.
- 5+ years facilitating meetings and providing presentations to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Expertise in Data modeling, data warehousing, dimensional modeling, data modeling for big data, and metadata management.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills required.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present design of the solution to various stakeholders.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience in data management and design in the Life insurance and/or financial industries.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with managing large scale development projects.
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys.
- Advanced degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field.
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.