Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.Description
At MassMutual, we are passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Science team, part of the Enterprise Technology and Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled and collaborative problem solvers who aremotivated tocreate innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual - and the industry - forward.
To continueourcutting-edge work, we are hiring a Data Science Project Manager to join our team.
What great looks like for this role
A seasoned Project Manager will have the opportunity to apply advanced project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Manager will have the ability to think strategically to understand, apply, promote and contribute to MassMutual's delivery methodologies, standards and tools. This individual will work with a team that embraces diversity in all of its forms, respects others and looks to have fun.
Objectives of this role
- To scale our data science impact.
- To impact complex business goals through the delivery of quality work timely.
- To ensure documentation is in place and process is followed meeting standards
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
- Lead broad scope projects that have medium to long-term focus
- Engage with all levels across the enterprise
- Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
- Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team, managing relationships and expectations
- Navigate ambiguity to deliver results
- Develop plans for continuous service to support implementation of products
- Act as a champion for data science capabilities by communicating their benefits and how they can be implemented
- Provide consultation, business analysis, project management, and leadership on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity
- Motivate teams to work together, communicate, and deliver
- Elicit, translate and simplify requirements
- Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories
- Manage budget, timeline, and scope throughout the course of all assigned projects
- Lead project teams during all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, pilot, implementation and continuous service
- Facilitate client and project team interactions including: scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, incident management and release management
- Work with product managers to define improvements to business processes, assist decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, and help quality assurance test solutions
- Work with technical leads, product managers to plan, develop technical scopes of work and manage the execution of projects/product changes in response to requirements from our stakeholders
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business
- Drive process within a matrix management setting
What You Will Not Do:
- Design strategic roadmaps
- Large amounts of computer programming
- Manipulation of large data sets
- Sit in solitude at your desk
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business/Finance or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- 4+ years managing and driving the execution of complex projects
- Experience in/working in partnership with a technical role, such as an engineer, developer, data scientist, etc. a plus
- Proficient with project management tools and techniques, such as JIRA, Confluence, Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent interpersonal communication, conflict management, coordination, and planning skills with cross-functional teams
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- Project leadership experience focused on engaging others in the delivery and execution of technical solutions and service deliverables
- Ability to assess a project's scope and the team's ability to execute
- Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly
- Strong leadership skills and influencer
- Ability to collaborate across diverse teams and organizations
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's Degree, preferably in Business/Finance or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Agile certification or experience
- Solid grasp of software technologies and stacks.
- Former technical experience is preferred, such as working with data science teams or experience developing and/or deploying predictive models
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.