MassMutual Financial Group is a global, diversified financial services organization whose companies offer a broad portfolio of asset management and insurance products and services. Since 1851, our objective is to build, promote, and continually innovate a diverse range of financial solutions tailored to meet the long term needs of our individual, corporate, and institutional clients.
Ranked No. 84 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine 2019) and recognized as a one of the world’s most ethical companies, a career with MassMutual means you will be part of an entrepreneurial system that allows you the freedom to provide solutions from a wide range of innovative products, access to powerful sales tools, and a large resource network. It also means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your goals. We invite you to explore the possibilities and take your career to the next level with MassMutual.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
MassMutual’s Capital District Network, with several offices throughout the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, has a current opening for an entry level Financial Advisor/Financial Planner to join our office in McLean, VA (located near the Spring Hill Metro). This is a career opportunity with extensive support from MassMutual. Our Financial Advisor/Financial Planner training program prepares ambitious self-starters to become experts in the financial services industry through intensive training and development. This top tier curriculum will provide you with unlimited access to state-of-the-art tools, techniques and resources needed to create strategies, build your client base, provide comprehensive investment guidance and sustain long-lasting relationships.
Backed by MassMutual’s open architecture, you will work alongside a deeply experienced team of Financial Advisors/Financial Planners and have the opportunity for direct client interaction while addressing financial planning strategies and questions. In doing so, your duties will include:
- Complying with all regulatory requirements, including licensing and registrations.
- Meeting pre-determined production goals as outlined in training programs.
- Prospecting for clients through networking and referrals.
- Developing and maintaining long term relationships.
- Providing financial solutions through fact finding, gathering and needs analyses.
- Expanding your knowledge and skills base through ongoing professional development.
- Balancing referral activities, customer follow up and administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; majors in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Math preferred.
- Business development and networking aptitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen to client needs and provide customer service driven financial solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, collaboration and learning.
- Proven track record of being able to work with minimal guidance, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, interpret and analyze data.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential information and work with personal integrity.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format.
This is a commission-based position. Results-driven compensation and access to a competitive benefits package including medical and dental, life and disability income insurance, and thrift and pension plans are available for qualified Financial Services Representatives.
Eligibility applies only to those Financial Services Representatives who hold a full-time contract (X4X) with MassMutual. Eligibility for subsidized benefits and before-tax coverage is based on meeting certain contract requirements. Benefit plan provisions are subject to modification or termination.